Beta Release: 3DS & Virtual Boy Emulator Support for LumePad & RED Hydrogen One

Any chance this could get added to RetroArch itself?

That way, the Lume Pad could play stereoscopic 3D games from the 1980s.

1 Like

yeah definitely on my list of things to look into :slight_smile:

I took a look at it a few weeks ago, but I couldn’t find a proper Hook for the Backlight switching, but maybe I am just not skilled enough, Coding is just a hobby of mine, and I don’t have that much experience in Android development. The easiest way would probably be a Shader since there are two types of stereoscopic Cores on GitHub, both in sbs and frame sequential 3d, but I don’t know how to implement properly compile it in android Studio, the Gradle Files and Android Studio get more picky from Version to Version and after 3days of fiddling I finally gave up on that. The Cores I could find are non official Forks, Genesis plus gx, VBA next and beetle bsnes, they can be found on Milo83s GitHub:

For better performance in SNES there is also a standalone of snes9x but it is only GTK and I don’t know If this is even possible. GitHub - tjwei/snes9x-3d: snes9x + stereoscopic graphics

1 Like

Ok what?! SNES Emulator with 3D Stereoscopic Graphics - YouTube I had no idea this was a thing.

I have some work to do!

1 Like

@jakedowns It was not tbh, but it uses the mode7 Layers where you can assign different disparyties to simulate Depth, which should work fairly well.

oh haha yeah i realized its more of a hack than anything official. still would be fun to get working tho.

1 Like

That’s also what I thought since there are so many Games with parallax scrolling enabled.