I posted a basic one here:
demo 0 is the original one from the repo i found
demo 1 is me playing with adding a joystick to control a cube
things to note:
- you have to allow popups on the page
- you probably need to rotate your device once after loading the page to get the proper aspect ratio to render
- you have to have “backlight_switch_url” apk installed in order to be able to let the webpage open a url to toggle the backlight between 2D/3D mode (download link for the apk will be presented in a popup window if you don’t have it installed… or, even if you do have it installed and the page gets confused)
- i don’t have any code to set it back to 2D after you leave the page, so you need to jog it by switching android apps
- when entering fullscreen mode, the control buttons are disappearing, and the rendered aspect ratio seems to go into some mismatched state where the 3D effect just becomes a mess since the pixels aren’t aligning with the diffractive backlighting hogels (holographic pixels?, i dunno, something like that)
so yeah, needs a bunch of work and TLC, but the proof of concept is there.
I look forward to playing with it more once I get my other little side projects out of the way.