Problem with additional cameras

I’m modifying a project to use H4V screen. The project uses a main camera (Leia camera) but also a “Top camera” for displaying buttons and information. When I run the App on the RH1 the top camera view (which consists on a top bar with some buttons and text) disappears and only the main canvas appears. If I attach Leia Camera script to the top camera I get a brown color filling all the screen with no any other element. Whan can I do?

1 Like

@Arthur-Z-Baney @daniel.geisler are either of you able to help David out here?

1 Like

Hi David,
Currently the Leia Unity SDK doesn’t support having multiple LeiaCameras in one scene, which is unfortunate, because there are a number of times where this would be fun to play with. I’m hoping we add this functionality soon but I can’t make promises as the SDK team has a lot on their plate already.

Is using another separate camera for the buttons and information necessary? / What is the reason for needing two separate cameras?
Could the same result possibly be achieved with a UI canvas to display the buttons and information, or having the UI and information rendered by the same camera as the rest of the scene?

1 Like

It’s because I bought a pre-made project. I’m having a lot of problems trying to recreate the UI from the separate camera on the main scene.
Anyway, I found a way to both cameras appear on H4V screen. I have to put an higher Depth value in UI camera properties than main Leia camera, so it will stay on top.
I’m now using -1 depth in Leia camera and 0 in UI camera

3 Likes

Awesome! Glad you found a solution! Yes that should work as long as the UI camera only needs to display 2d objects.

3 Likes

I have since the begining (since I attached Leia camera) this another problem:

even on the Unity preview the right side of App shows this interlaced noise. The noise also appears on the RH1 (and in H4V is annoying). I don’t think it can be related with cameras

@Kano3D without seeing the project it’s difficult to tell whats happening. If you would like, you could email the repo to me and I’ll take a look.

1 Like

EDIT: The problem was mine, in reality it was a misplaced wall too near to the camera

Just in case others experience similar design challenges, we have a few helpful pages for object placement and the View Frustum:

Hope this helps!

1 Like