Introducing LeiaLink

LeiaLink is an app on iOS and Android that makes it easy to send images from your mobile device to your Lume Pad.

The pairing process is simple:

1. Download LeiaLink on iOS or Android
  2. Update LeiaPlayer to at least version 3.1
  3. Log in with LeiaLogin on the Lume Link tab in LeiaPlayer
  4. You’ll see a PIN code on your Lume Pad
  5. Open the LeiaLink app on your iOS or Android device
  6. Type in your LeiaLogin email address
  7. Type in the code you see on your Lume Pad
  8. Voila, your devices are paired!

Images you share to the LeiaLink app from your paired device will automatically appear in the Lume Link tab on your Lume Pad as stunning Lightfield images.

This is the easiest and fastest way to see the images you’ve taken with your smartphone as Lightfield images on your Lume Pad.

3 Likes

This is cool. But I’m having issues logging into Leia Link. I’ve cleared the app cache and data then rebooted but still encountering login issues.

BTW, I’m trying to login using my google account which is the same as that used for LeiaPix.

This is the error I get in LeiaStream.

In auth.leialoft.com account page, com.leia.leialink and leialink-service have full access permissions. It looks like all apps show up with full access on the account page.

Hey @Stuart_Fujitani we’ve had this pop up for a couple of users so far. The team is on it. Rest assured we’ll get to the bottom of this.

2 Likes

Np. Let me know if there’s anything you need me to do.

1 Like

Hey @Stuart_Fujitani, we’ve tried some new ideas on the server that may have fixed some users issues. Can you try to log in again?

If it still doesn’t work, please reach out to help@leiainc.com and we’ll try to setup a support ticket to have someone individually look at what’s going on with your account in the backend.

Hi Nima,

I’m able to login to LeiaStream now. Thanks!

1 Like

LeiaLink seems to allow pairing with a single device. Am I correct? In this case it would really useful to have the possibility to share from multiple devices (usually our Lumepad is used by several of the family members :slight_smile:)

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, it’s been heard and noted.

Hello, I cannot get LeiaLink to work. I am using an iPhone 14 Pro Max and Lume Pad 2. I have no issues pairing the phone and Lume Pad via LeiaLink (using the code provided by LeiaLink in LeiaPlayer on the Lume Pad 2). The iPhone is listed as a connected device within LeiaLink on the LP2. However, when I select the pics to share from my iPhone, I get to the LeiaLink “Share to LeiaPlayer” screen and click share, but the progress bar just spins and spins and spins forever. No images actually transfer to the Lume Pad 2. I have tried clearing the app storage and cache, logging in and out, reinstalling the app on my iPhone, etc. Nothing has worked, I have never been able to successfully transfer a picture via LeiaLink. Any suggestions?

This is interesting. What types of files are you trying to transfer? Are you sure both LeiaPlayer and LeiaLink are fully updated? Are both devices on a stable and working internet connection when using this?

Thanks Nima for the prompt response! I simply go to the Apple iPhotos app and select pictures. I have tried photos taken in Portrait mode or standard modes (or picture were taking with the Apple Camera app). I checked the file types, I have tried both JPEG and HEIF.

Yes, both LeiaPlayer and LeiaLink are fully updated on the Lume Pad 2 and iPhone, respectively. I confirmed a stable WiFi connection, and both devices are on the same WiFi network with strong signal.

Typo here, meant to say all the photos were taken using the Apple Camera app.

@Nima, any guidance on how to fix this issue?

No, I haven’t seen this issue before. You should reach out to help@leiainc.com so they can guide you through troubleshooting steps.

Thanks, I will contact them.