Guide: How to stream your own 3D-SBS or 2x2-4V videos from your PC to Lume Pad using Jellyfin & MPV-4V (Works with RH1 too)

Cool. I have tried playing my favorite 3D Top Bottom/ OU movies, and it’s awesome. Compared to Leiplayer that never been updated to play OU movies and also it couldn’t play subtitle too (perhaps next year will be, or maybe not at all). Don’t hope too much for that Leiaplayer. But this MPV-4V player is the best 3D player for Lumepad. All of Lumepad user should install this app. Thanks

2 Likes

Beautiful, @jakedowns you rock!!! It works flawlessly, thank you so much.

2 Likes

I installed the MPV-4V (O/U version) apk but have two questions related to using MPV-4V

What should I enter in “Open URL”?

I tried

http://my-IP-address:8096/web/index.html#!/home.html

which works fine in the Chrome browser on the Lume Pad but does nothing when entered in MPV-4V.

When entered, the program just returns to the previous screen showing content on the Lume Pad.

If I enter the direct streaming URL, MPV-4V plays the video.

In this case, it is shown in MPV-4V as SBS which is the file’s format.

How do I switch MPV-4V to show the video in 3D on the Lume Pad?

Thanks for your help,

KenK

Nevermind…

I missed the steps to install the Jellyfin client on the Lume Pad and the control info as discussed here

Looks like it’s all good now.

KenK

1 Like

glad it worked out for ya! enjoy! :smiley:

1 Like

I use cx file explorer, locate my network drive, and use as mpv latest version by jake as default player works with no issues. Also able to transfer files over network.

1 Like

I finally tried it out today. Works great. I had to adjust the aspect ratio on the video I tried to get it to not look squished but after that, it was great. I tested with Bolt 3D. That action sequence at the start of the movie looks great in 3D!

2 Likes

Awesome update, Ben! We’ll have to catch up soon!

i’ve submitted mpv 3d to the leia app store. excited to get it approved in the near future :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Congrats on submitting that, Jake! Excited for you and can’t wait to give it a spin!

2 Likes

Hi I just received a Lume Pad 2, and got everything set up here. The video loads, and plays, and looks like it “should” be in 3D, but the actual 3D mode itself doesn’t seem to be triggered. I see the overlaid images, in the correct layout, but not actually in 3D. Anything I can try?

Hey @steve321, this version of MPV-Player by @jakedowns is for the original Lume Pad, not Lume Pad 2. It will have to be updated to work with Lume Pad 2.

Oh shoot. So is there any way to playback 3D SBS from a network share on Lume Pad 2?

@steve321 Not currently in 3D. You have to transfer from your network device to the device’s internal storage to play back in 3D, or you can stream it in 2D to Lume Pad 2 using a variety of apps.

@jakedowns I would gladly pay a small amount of money for you to update this to work on Lume Pad 2!

1 Like

And actually upon review, the MPV 3D Player can be selected in Plex, and all it’s functions work, just not on the new Lume Pad 2. If MPV 3D was update, all my wishes would come true!

2 Likes

This has become the main thing I get the Lume Pad out for. I do very little else with it.

2 Likes

thanks to @steve321’s support and @simongellis’s assistance, i’ve got a basic proof of concept working. still need to get OverUnder support added back in, but if anyone’s dying to try this out before it’s polished, there’s an apk available on the releases page here: Release MPV 3D 2023.05.08 - LumePad 2 Support · jakedowns/mpv-android · GitHub

4 Likes

I just tried it and all is good! You just made my tablet at least triple in value to me :slight_smile: Thanks so much for the hard work!

3 Likes

Oh I am going to try this soon. If it works, I will be very happy!

2 Likes