Guide: How to stream your own 3D-SBS or 2x2-4V videos from your PC to Lume Pad using Jellyfin & MPV-4V (Works with RH1 too)

Hey Jake this is awesome, thank you so much. I did the update for the L2 and I have a lot of content that is over under for 3D. Any idea when there might be an update for the over under for the L2.? Appreciate all you do thank you.

this version has LP2 support :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How to stream 3d games with this? Only got original lume pad. I tried without success idk what I’m doing

I was able to do it with obs output to url and mpv 3d player but I can’t get the latency low enough

1 Like

Have your tried Moonlight3D? Moonlight3D for Lume Pad 2 and Nubia Pad 3D

Hi Jake,

I just received my Lumepad2 yesterday, and had trouble wth the Leiaplayer with 3D .mvk files, where I couldn’t change the audio language track, there was often the spinning loading wheel during playback, being unable to change tags or rename files on an EXT4 formatted external USB, and lack of OU 3d support.

Your mpv player is absolutely fantastic, I can support OU, and choose audio track and subtitles.

I have 2 requests/questions - the colours definately seem more washed out than in flat “3d OFF”, perhaps that maybe due to the limited max 3d brightness of the Lumepad itself (when 3d in on, the screen is dimmer), I did adjust the brightness in mpv’s advanced settings, but I haven’t tried the other adjustments.

Secondly would it be possible for MPV to support BluRay ISOs or Folders ? For those of us with a collection of 3d BluRay discs, one might make a backup to safeguard against damage to the original disc with redfox, then use ImgBurn to create an .ISO

If .ISO support would be possible then it would save many hours of movie transcoding to SBS/OU format. Incidentally the Quest 3 player 4XVR supports 3d Bluray .ISO playback, it doesn’t display any menus or options, if just skips straight to the main feature.

Thank you for making for your amazing work !

isos no. ffmpeg as a whole is still lacking proper mvc support but im working on at least being a squeaky wheel about it, if not contributing to pushing it forward

but for now. transcoding or streaming is the only way

4XVR

that’s interesting ill look into how they’re doing it if its open source

Perhaps KODI can support 3d MCV format ?

I down know if this feature is only in a fork, or the mainline code base
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221407

But presumably mainline KODI if 3d MCV is supported by LibreELEC/KODI Nexius