LeiaPix Converter is out!

Meant to cc: @nima on my last post.

2 Likes

@foureyes thank you for the list, indeed seems a lot of points would be addressed by exporting DM for third party editing, we are having a meaningful update on that process very soon.

For point 1 in particular, there is a known issue for portrait pictures where the brush size is too large, this also is getting fixed soon. for landscape pics if you reduce the brush size to a minimum and max out the hardness you should be able to edit in very high def.

Our team will look at this list in more detail and provide updates as the product develops :+1:

3 Likes

UPDATE: Now supporting SBS and Depth Maps exports !

7 Likes

I am particularly interested in making thousands of 2D images into 3D and then put them in sequential order. In layman’s terms: I am looking for a reliable tool that converts 2D movies into 3D movies. There is not much of that around (for consumers) - I only know of 3DCombine with which I obtain variable results. I know depth maps applied to 2D can do wonders but no miracles. It cannot invent what’s hidden behind a 2D object and now a little visible due to parallax.
But I’d be interested to see the image converter become a batch converter for all frames of a movie…

1 Like

Welcome @tdeklerk

Our tool Lightfield Studio does 2D movie conversion but directly to 4V format. We are considering releasing a premium version of our LeiaPix Converter app to do what you want so stay tuned cc @Nima @sanmathi.bharamgouda

3 Likes

I don’t know what 4V is…probably one of those headsets? I just want the old fashioned “flat” stereo pic - not lenticular either (causing very low resolution and lines all over the image)

Theo

Yes I understand what you need @tdeklerk :+1:

Hey @tdeklerk, 4V is a collection of formats for Leia devices, including Lume Pad. Specifically Lightfield Studio generates a Quad Lightfield format video. Similar to an SBS, but with four images instead of two in a quadrant format.

I have started using this and it works really well, but after about 20-25 different pictures the sharing button stops working. I click on it and it just spins forever. I tried waiting an hour and the problem resolved, but this has happened 3 times now and I’m just waiting now, not sure how long it will be before it can be used again. Is there a limit to the amount that can be converted and shared consecutively or is this a traffic issue?

1 Like

Hi:
I started using the converter in December of '22 and am having the exact same problem!

@williamangel999 thx for pointing out this is a backend issue the team is looking into it