Sound randomly playing on my LumePad 2

Hi all! I’m not sure whether this is a basic Android feature which I might be overlooking (I was primarily an iPad user before getting my LumePad 2) - but every so often my LumePad will randomly play a short jingle, even when I’m not using it. I think it might have something to do with apps auto-updating, but I’m not entirely certain. Is there a way to disable the jingle without turning the tablet to silent mode?

(Side note, while I’m here I don’t want to congest the forums with my questions - Is there a way to turn off the green camera indicator while watching 3D content? I know that this is probably activated due to the face tracking, but is there a way to hide the camera indicator? Thanks!)

1 Like

Hi @ml3d! Marlon here!

Thanks for your questions and no worries at all. Glad to have you here!

You can find the sound settings by tapping the gear icon on the home screen and scrolling down to notification sounds. There you will find control settings for different types of audio on the tablet.

Regarding camera indicator, @Nima may have an answer for you!

1 Like

This is just the notification sound, which is on all Android devices. You can change the sound to something different or turn it off if you want.

1 Like

We wish Mike. Unfortunately, we were forced to have it visible at all times due to Google’s regulations. No amount of explanations that we’re not storing any imagery from the camera would sway them.

1 Like