Tripod mounting

I don’t care for taking photos with tablets, they aren’t a natural fit in the hand. The Lume Pad has the obvious advantage of its stereoscopic camera though so I’m getting by - but my first video attempts seem very shaky.

So, purchased a ‘KobraTech IPad Tripod Mount’, so I can attach to the top of a tripod. It’s working remarkably well: firm grip on tablet - so no risk of slippage out, doesn’t cover any part of screen or camera, stiff quality construction. Also comes with a Bluetooth remote trigger for taking photos or starting/stopping video - a wonderful device that I didn’t know I needed.

This was the only mount that looked plausible in UK (market skewed to phone mounts); there may be other types in US:
KobraTech iPad Tripod Mount - TabMount 360 - Tablet Tripod Mount with Ball Head & Bluetooth Remote Shutter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
Amazon.com: KobraTech iPad Tripod Mount - TabMount 360 Tablet Tripod Mount - iPad Holder for Tripod with Ball Head & Bluetooth Remote Shutter : Electronics

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I had no idea such a mount were available.

I’m on vacation, and I am taking some 3D photos with the tablet, but it is quite awkward. I wonder how it would work with a handheld grip.

1 Like

I use this guy in the states… The Joby tablet mount

2 Likes