UE5 Plugin ETA?

Hi folks!
Given this morning’s official announcement of UE5 out of beta/preview and officially released, I thought it would be a good time to inquire about your plans for an UE5 version of the plugin. Is there a timeline you can share?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Michael!
Marlon here. I’m the Social Media Manager at Leia! Welcome! :dizzy:
I think we’re all very excited for this release announcement. Though plans can change, our current target for releasing Unreal Engine 5 support is May. Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Marlon

3 Likes

Thanks, Marlon, that’s wonderful news - looking forward to it, and sharing my creations as well.

2 Likes

Hi Michael,
We are starting to look for anyone interesting in trying a beta version of the UE5 SDK.
If you’re interested, please email developersupport@leiainc.com with UE5 somewhere in the subject.

Thanks!

2 Likes

fantastic, @Lee_N - thanks for the invitation, just emailed the address and looking forward to trying it!

1 Like

Cant wait to see what you make, @mbecker ! Feel free to share with the community! By chance did you see that viral post the other day of the Japanese Train station rendered in UE5? :exploding_head:

thanks, @Marlon ! I really look forward to testing the UE5 integration. I must admit the Unity integration is so much more straightforward that after testing the plugin on both UE4 and Unity I ended up with the latter, but UE5 does indeed offer some new mouth watering possibilities… Not sure if Lumen and Nanite are available for Android (gotta research a bit!) but if they are, this is a serious game changer.

1 Like

Hello @mbecker,

We have officially released UE5 support and you can get the latest (0.1.1) either through the marketplace or through manual download on our website, both options are covered here.

Cheers,

Joe

1 Like