Leia with Unreal Engine 5?

I see on the dev portal there is UE5 support coming soon. Any news when that will release?

1 Like

We’re currently hoping for something by this summer.

3 Likes

Okay, thanks.

Sounds great - support for UE5 would be fantastic - not to sure how it would work? Would we need to record a 3d video in UE5 and play back on 3d pad? or would there be real-time support for actual game play in UE5. Not to worry if this is not yet known - just curious!!

1 Like

It would be real-time for apps and games built in UE with our SDK for Lume Pad 2, just as with prior Leia products.

If you want to just capture videos for viewing on Lume Pad 2 in Unreal Engine, you can do that right now. Just set up Unreal Engine to render stereoscopically in SBS and do a screen capture, then play that back in LeiaPlayer on Lume Pad 2.

2 Likes

Sounds great. Many thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Hello Nima! Is there any chance to get some better documentation for getting UE working with the SDK and packing/testing on the Lume Pad2?

I am primarily interested in creating a simple app where I can better showcase my 3d models with ALL texture map support, i.e., metallic, roughness and normal, plus HDRI lighting, as LeiaViewer in its current state appears unable to offer this functionality.

I’m not a programmer or developer, but when presented with working instructions, can pretty much get the job done. Would LOVE to hear from any fellow UE artists that have successfully been able to get a project over to the LumePad 2. Thx!

1 Like

Thx Nima. I did go down this path last night, and got stuck during this step:

After dragging the LeiaCameraPawn blueprint under the Camera Component object, I then switch to the Construction Script window. Mine looks nothing like the example in step 4. I have a blank window with just the purple Construction Script node. Are we supposed to build this ourselves, or is it supposed to be already setup and we just set the Target Camera and compile? Some better clarification here would help.

Also, are we supposed to be dragging in the BP_FirstPersonCharacter into our scene and using that? Previous steps do not mention this. Would love to get his working, i’m THIS close. :wink: Thx for any help!

Here you say you’re using an unsupported version of Unreal Engine. If you get this bug with the supported version let us know. If you use an unsupported version, we can’t guarantee support.

Is there a way to install 5.2.0? I have 5.2.1 in my library, but when I attempt to add a new engine, i’m only getting 4.X options.

EDIT: Ok, I forgot I have my EPIC account linked to Github. I see that I can download 5.2.0 there. I’ve NEVER done this before, hope it goes smoothly…

The SDK Team will try to respond to you as soon as they can.

1 Like

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience. We look into this issue and will let you know as soon as we have news.

Happy creating,

Joe

1 Like

Thx Joe. I really would love to start experimenting with the SDK. It appears that 5.2.0 is the recommended build, however, I am unable to access it via my Epic Games launcher. I did download the source from Github, but having errors actually compiling it. I’m not a developer, so this is all a bit overwhelming to get setup properly. Any chance on supporting 5.2.1, or 5.3.2 - the latter which I just completed a UE cinematic with. Thx!

Hello Stevetalkowski,

Our v0.2.3 plugin should work out of the box for 5.2.1 and we do test with that version internally. Future releases aim to support more UE versions but we can at lease confirm 5.2.x for the next release.

DLL issue

We have a solution for the DLL conflict with 0.23. This will eventually be superseded in future releases but this will unblock existing projects.

Happy creating,

Joe

1 Like