Leia Studio

Hallo.
I was wondering if there is going to be a replacement for Leia Studio? I remember reading that it is no longer supported, which is a shame as it was a great tool.

I would love to convert 2D images/videos into SBS and use them on my Lumepad or export them externally. Also we had access to the depth maps in Studio which I would love to have access to again.
All the best, Jonathan

1 Like

Hey @Joff,

We have closed the Lightfield Studio category on the Forum, so the post announcing the sunsetting isn’t visible anymore. Here’s the post with all the details in it’s entirety:

Let me know if you have any further questions.

2 Likes

Thanks Nima.
You mentioned in that post about free and paid tools coming in 2023, any news on those?
All the best,
Jonathan

1 Like

For images, we already have LeiaPix Converter, which is receiving regular updates. For the other conversion tools, we’re still at least a couple months out or more before we announce and release them.

2 Likes

Tried to migrate some drone footage converted to 3d with the Orbital Content Conversion in Lightfield Studio to my new Lume pad 2 but the quad format no longer works. Is there any way to (re)convert these to play on the 2? Or any chance the orbital conversion feature will return to LeiaPlayer or some other tool?

Yes we’ve sunset the Quad Lightfield format.

What you can do is use FFMPEG or another tool to take either the top right and bottom left view (less depth), or the top left and bottom right view (more depth) and create an SBS from it. You may see artifacts, however.

You could also take the original 2D image and do live 2D to 3D conversion on Lume Pad 2. Our algorithms have improved, and it’s possible the real-time conversion on Lume Pad 2 outperforms the PC GPU that was utilized with Lightfield Studio.

Finally, we are planning on adding a new feature for spin media (which we formerly referred to as orbital content) in the next version of LeiaPlayer for Lume Pad 2, but you may need to reformat your captures to make it work with that feature.

Wow - thanks! The real-time conversion actually works very well, almost as good as the original orbital conversion and without some of the artifacts from that. Look forward to trying the new spin conversion soon.