An option for ST viewing mode would be greatly appreciated

I know 4V is the real magic, but sometimes the conversion doesn’t do a good ST pair justice, and like we’re able to in the video apps, it would be nice to force the display into ST mode occasionally.

Much love! <3

For example: 2V forced to 4V: kind of mangles the depth effect: LeiaPix | Share Profiles | Share, Capture, and Discover Light Field Photos

Example 2: manually made a 2x2 4V out of two repeating images: LeiaPix | Share Profiles | Share, Capture, and Discover Light Field Photos

Bonus note: it would be cool if you enabled wiggle-gram exports of 4V, but i’ll quit while i’m ahead

Hey @jakedowns,

We already support ST view in some apps, and we have a solution for creators posting stereo 3D content to LeiaPix coming in a future update.

We think Wiggle-Grams are a bit limited, since there’s such a major jump between views. For some people this looks jarring.

Instead we have Lightfield Animations, which you can export as an MP4 or GIF from both LeiaPlayer and LeiaPix. In LeiaPix, when you share a link, it appears as a Lightfield Animation in the web view too. We may enable Quad Lightfield images to export as Lightfield Animations as well in the future.

5 Likes