LeiaPlayer vs LeiaPix

I have added a couple of my stereo SBS jpg photos to the pad. They have substantial depth in LeiaPlayer ST mode but less in LeiaPix, almost what they look like in 4V. Does LeiaPix only share/show 4V?

Are there instructions somewhere for the apps? They mostly appear self-explanatory but I’m sure there are features and tricks I’m overlooking as this is my first non-iOS device.

1 Like

LeiaPix is a fully-featured network for 3D content supports SBS 3D, Quad 4V, and Leia Lightfield images. If you’re having issues, send an inquiry to help@leiainc.com

Here is more information on the other Lume Pad applications:

More explainer content is coming but the forum/website is a good place to start! =)

2 Likes

Hey @msellers,

While LeiaPix supports upload of a variety of formats including SBS, currently content can only be viewed in 4V. The original is still saved in the LeiaPix server though.

However, we are adding ST view options for SBS images in a future update. Just hold tight for a bit, and till then enjoy ST viewing in LeiaPlayer.

6 Likes

How about adding a Wiki to The Forums on how to rename which Media Type to Display them correct in Leia Viewer? And one Other Question, ist There a Plan to Support Android Lens Blur Images in addition to the Apple Depth Maps?

We actually are working on tutorial articles in our documentation for both LeiaPlayer and LeiaViewer, including all relevant info on file types. It’s taking a bit of time because we’re swamped by all the apps we’re working on, but there should be a LOT of good stuff coming related to that next month.

Long term, yes, we’d like to support a variety of devices and depth maps. However, we’ve generally found that most Android devices don’t have depth maps that exceed the quality of our 2D to 3D conversion, and they all encode them in different ways, even between models like the Pixel 2, Pixel 3, and Pixel 4, so because of that we focused on iOS first. But yes eventually we’d like to support every system that provides high-quality depth maps.

4 Likes

Thank You for the Reply, I appreciate the great Support and simply love the Leia Products.
Best Wishes!