Insta360 Evo 180 SBS

When would app be developed to view 180 SBS videos and images in 3D

2 Likes

Hey @balajis17,

We’ve been working on it! It’s still on the way. It’s currently planned for the next LeiaPlayer release after this next one.

We can currently play back VR180/360 video content from YouTube though, so anything you upload there can play back through LeiaTube.

4 Likes

The above link is a windows app call VR sphere.
This app works effectively to display VR180 images/videos on a 3D TV.

The idea is cool. May be LumePad can implement it.

1 Like

I can only play VR360 from Youtube at the moment. Where is the setting for VR180?

Also, I cant seem to find the LeiaTube app when I try to share local files. Is it only possible to view youtube videos in 3D and not local videos? I thought there was an option to view 2D in 3D on the fly…

1 Like

It should work with VR180 automatically. When I tried it everything seemed to work fine.

Currently you can only use streaming apps with LeiaTube.

A solution to convert local content from 2D to Lightfield is coming soon.

Well it does play the video, but it’s stretched out as if it is a 360 video. I updated both the Streaming app and the Youtube app and it still won’t play it in VR180 properly. When I click the setting button on the top right corner, it only has modes for 3D SBS and then for 360, but I see no 180 options.

Have you tried other VR180 content?

It’s possible the file’s metadata was incorrect when uploaded to YouTube.

Ive tried multiple videos. Ones from my personal youtube account and others I searched for. I can only speak for my video’s metadata, since I use Premiere to export VR content. Can you link me to a video you know has the correct metadata?

1 Like

This one works correctly for me.

Just FYI, all VR180s on LeiaTube will duplicate the video on both sides so that it’s not just black when you look behind. So it will say 360 and look 360 at first blush, but it’s actually a VR180 being duplicated on both sides. The UI only says 360 and not VR180 though, so I understand it can be confusing. We’ll take that feedback into account.

For some reason it is not duplicating the 180 VR image on my tablet. The 180 VR square image is stretched and connects behind me at 6 o’clock. If I change the setting to 360 Stereo, it stretched the image even further. 360 VR videos do show up as they should, but a little sluggish though. The version of LeiaTube I’m running is beta 0.2.6 and YouTube should be up to date as well. Not sure why I can’t figure it out.

1 Like

That is strange. I’ll have the team see if they can replicate that behavior.

Anything new on the issue? Still haven’t been able to view VR180 properly.

Hey @shikaka, yes the team is aware of this and should have updated VR180 support in the next version of LeiaTube. Full VR180/360 support is also coming to LeiaPlayer in the future.

2 Likes

I hope the VR180 playback on Liea Player is still on track.
Hope we get an update soon, to play home videos and fully utilise Lume Pad

@balajis17 The team is still working on it! We’re getting sidetracked with new hardware experiments these days, but it’s still coming.

3 Likes

Why is LeiaStream so locked down? Just let me use it as a local video player and it would solve this problem.
Also I dont know if it’s just me but it feels like the 3d from the leiastream app is way more accurate than the one in leiapix. Wouldnt surprise me considering that there’s a small load time associated with it. It would be nice if we could save the resulting videos.

Hey Greg, I don’t really know what you mean by “locked down”. Also, LeiaStream is for video and LeiaPix is for photos, so I don’t really know what you mean in your comparison there either.

Sorry, I meant LeiaPlayer.
LeiaStream is locked down because when I tell a video file to “open with…” LeiaStream, it says it isn’t allowed. But Leiastream already has 180 and SBS functionality.
I’d also say that the fact that LeiaStream cant rotate videos sort of makes it locked down.
So you guys have a video player that has SBS and VR compatibility and depth adjustment… why have this other clearly inferior videoplayer built into LeiaPlayer? Just give leiastream access to albums and you’ll have an instantly better product.

I think now you maybe mean LeiaTube? LeiaStream doesn’t have VR180/360 support.

These are all different apps with different code bases that do different things. Often times they’re also built by different teams.

If you want to share and play back optimized video for the Leia platform with other Lume Pad users, use LeiaStream.

If you want to play back streamed video from a major streaming platform like YouTube, use LeiaTube.

If you want to play back local video content, use LeiaPlayer.

I think you may be missing something, as ST view support and a depth slider are both featured in LeiaPlayer as well as LeiaTube. VR playback is coming to LeiaPlayer in the next update.

More features will come to each app with time.

To learn more about what’s available in each app and the differences between them, check out the Lume Pad Guide.

My new gadget Qoocam Ego, put the LumePad for more usage than ever.

But if we could get any slider to adjust the SBS images, we can try adjusting any parallax issues in real time.

Still hoping 180SBS playback feature be available for LeiaPlayer.