LeiaPlayer 2.10.27227 Beta released

I am pretty sure Jim always waned it to go this way.

Awesome news

Hi John,
Sometimes I want to control the Leia Player without touching the screen, for example behind a display window or in a small group presentation. Could the developers add key code commands from remote Bluetooth game controller/keyboard to update next or previous photo (volume keys up/down or left/right arrow keys are possible candidates).

I am able to use a wired USB-C mouse to swipe for next or previous photo. Unfortunately the scroll wheel performs no function when it could be used to zoom in and out. Could this feature be added?

A slideshow feature would also be nice with a remote Bluetooth key control (media play/stop/pause keys.

Are there any plans to access MPO type files in the Leia Player?

thanks,

4 Likes

But some stereo images look better in 4V and others better as captured…

2 Likes

This is a really interesting idea here. Will certainly go over this with the team and get back to you. I think giving “lightfield presentations” is a really compelling use case.

As for MPO, we’re definitely evaluating this stereoscopic file type. I know a lot of 3D enthusiasts have a ton of content they’ve shot with the FF FinePix Real 3D camera and potentially the Nintendo 3DS as well. I understand there is a desire to see this content on LumePad. Will keep you posted on that.

3 Likes

One bug and one improvement suggestion.

Bug: Hydrogen One goes to a sleep mode while wirelessly casting from within Leia Player to a TV. Apparently, the casting service does not recognize Leia Player as activity and put HO to sleep according to global sleep settings.

Suggestion: add setting to keep Leia Player in 2d or 4V modes while previewing still images. Currently the Leia Player switches to 4V viewing mode every time after skipping to next image even when previous image was viewed in 2D mode. Also, a slide view mode would be helpful.

A bug in Leiaplayer: if I’m seeing a picture in the external SD card, it allows to edit it; but when I try to save the editing, it crashes systematically.

I would add that limitations in handling pictures/videos in SD card (they cannot be selected, deleted or moved from Leiaplayer) push me to keep all pictures in the phone, which is not good.

Next question for @dfattal et al. where do we report our bugs? Leia pix version 2.1.1463 when I look at pictures in portrait mode and switch orientation to match the next pic in landscape mode it flips me out to my “likes” feed…

@H1_Lover_Luke the forum is a great place to report the bugs – ideally post this one in the LeiaPix section but cc @Nima will take care of the reporting

1 Like

Thanks David. My mistake (Mea culpa)

1 Like

@Nima I have just spotted a bug in the latest Leiaplayer: if I edit a large landscape picture (it is a side by side, created from two pictures shot by a Nikon, each 6000x4000 pixel at 300dpi; the side-by-side created is 17Mb), after saving is cropped and likely converted into a portrait, with wrong 3D effect. While editing everything is OK. I have uploaded the unedited original picture on Leiapix (is the last one posted, Etna Vulcan with some smoke of eruption, posted today).

Hi Marco,

resize/crop your 3:2 pictures to 16:9 or 16:10 before uploading, that helps :slight_smile:

Regards,
Alex

Thank you Alex. But you mean before copying on my H1? Right now in Leiaplayer even cropping to 16:9 (inside the app) after saving the problem is there.
By the way, in holopix on my H1 looks fine (unedited); is it ok also on Lume pad?

My workflow for separately taken photos is this:

1. Stack right and left in two layers in Photoshop (or 4 layers for a 2x2 using 4 source images)
  2. Align the photos using transparency or Difference for the upper layer
  3. Crop to 16:9 or 16:10
  4. Resize canvas 200% x 100% (200x200% for 4 photos)
  5. Arrange left and right photos SBS
  6. Save to device

The H1 uses 16:9 and Lume Pad 16:10, but both formats work on either device. You just see small black sides or top/bottom, as with most of my latest pictures where some are 16:9 and some are 16:10.

2 Likes

Dear Alex, clear. So far I have made something similar (in Gimp) only for 4 pictures, while I have performed alignment for SBS directly in Stereo photo maker; in both cases I haven’t cropped. I will try
Thank you for your suggestions :relaxed:

Marco

Hi Marco,

I’ve sent this over to the team and they’re trying to identify what the issue might be.

2 Likes

Hi Marco, there could be two potential issues with the etna picture. It appears that the source images are rotated a bit around the top right of the mountain as center point. And it maybe the image plane was skewed a little bit vertically, but this could be gone once the rotation is fixed.

Here is a false color difference picture of left and right:

The colored areas at the sides reveal the rotation, the two posts framed at the bottom may indicate that it was skewed a bit apart from the rotation (assuming that this is not another leaning tower there :slight_smile: )

Cheers,
Alex

1 Like

Dear Alex,

you are perfectly right! In fact I had corrected the picture but uploaded the unedited one. After noting the mistake I have left that one since it was not making me too dizzy :grin:

1 Like