LeiaPlayer 3.0 for Red Hydrogene One on Android 13

Dear Leia Team

as the Red Hydrogene One is still the last phone with lightfield display and the hardware is still good enough for me, I decided to put AOSP 13 on it and also managed to make the lightfield display working.
I installed all the applications which you provided on the Red Hydrogene One farewell page and they work perfectly well. Only in the LeiaPlayer 2.17 I get ANRs, it seems that Android 13 is pickier than Android 9 in this respect.
In another post you mentioned that version 3.0 brings major performance improvements but was not working on the RHO and I assume that was due to the API level. Now with Android 13 I would like to give it another try and wanted to ask you if you could make this version availalable as well, as you did for version 2.17.

Best regards,
Tobias

Sorry @tobias,

The RED Hydrogen One hasn’t been supported for many years now.

Feel free to continue hacking on it and trying to make it do what you’d like, but we’ll be unable to help you.

If I can, I would suggest to create a repository of old versions of Leia apps, since they can be useful to the kind of people that likes or work with 3D :slight_smile: . Just as example, in my H1 I still run Leiapix 2.3.17457 (so not 2.4 available in your page) since I liked more the button to switch between Leia and stereo view, something I would lose if by chance I have to clean the phone. And, you never know, a repository can solve different, more important situations. For example I have been playing with another toy of other company, namely LKG, and when connecting it to my Dell laptop and performing lightfield visualization, I had severe crashes of my laptop (aka blue screen) that I have solved by downgrading to an older version of their software available in their repository.
That said, I will never express enough gratitude for your support to a device that was not from Leia :slight_smile: and really hope to have soon some kind of Leia phone…

2 Likes

I would like to ask If you could share the Rom and Installation process, I am pretty sure that everyone who still uses the RHO me included would bei pretty thankful to be able to install the new Android with functional 3d screen, camera and Leia Apps.

1 Like

Actually I planned already to make it available, but there is still some work to do. My first focus was on the 3D display obviously as a POC to see if it is possible. But I still have some issues to make the cell phone data connection work. Right now only Wifi is working properly.
But I can already tell you that all applications from the H1 farewell download page are working perfectly well.
Probably it will still take 4 weeks more or less, but then I’ll publish the image and a guide.

2 Likes

Awesome! That would be great!
Thank you very much for the reply,
I hope that everything works out.
I would love to have a new build running on my Hydrogen one.

2 Likes

Hi brother i want the new android version on my Red hydrogen one too so please can you provide me the files and guidance to install it.

He did not Release anything as far as I know, there are only some Android builds without guarantee that the 3d works, so it is useless for me.

In the past I have seen a release with Android 9 that in the RH1 forum has been successfully tested. But I have never tried it and I do not know if it is worth the effort being anyway a quite old version (Pie, if anyone still cares - Off Topic - H4Vuser.net). Unfortunately @tobias seems not to be active anymore (I have also tried to contact via direct messaging)