A Farewell to the Hydrogen One

The Hydrogen One will always be close to our hearts. RED Hydrogen was the first device we partnered with that included our first generation Lightfield display. Even after production and support for the device stopped, we kept at it, improving and updating the software that truly made its 3D Lightfield screen shine. But as we wind down 2020, we’ll have to end our software support for the H1 after more than two years. Effective December 31st, 2020, Leia Inc will no longer be developing for the H1 platform.

It was a labor of love – and for that reason, we kept at it as long as we did.

As we move into 2021, our own device, the Lume Pad, is already landing in the hands of creators. We’re as excited as they are to grow the next generation of our platform and need to dedicate our energies toward the future. We’re committed to delivering memorable experiences on the world’s first 3D Lightfield tablet.

For everyone that has fallen in love with the H1 - like we did - you have our gratitude. All of the software you’ve used - like LeiaPlayer and LeiaPix (formerly Holopix) - will continue to evolve on the Lume Pad. In fact, we can’t wait to show you what’s coming next.

Thanks once again, and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2021.

-D.

7 Likes

So no more updates on holopix and the player for rh1?
So the updates on Lumepad that work for rh1 will not land on rh1 anymore?

@Chillerfpv LeiaPix will continue to evolve on both devices but will be optimized for Lume Pad going forward

4 Likes

Well, this is not a good news… But it it understandable and the software developed by Leia for RH1 is already the best I could possibly want for my Hydrogen(s), and I personally only hope they will be alive and kicking in future. As I have stated elsewhere, and as supporter of Lume Pad, I think that RH1 left completely open a space that Lume Pad cannot fill :slightly_smiling_face:.

Hi @dfattal David, side question I saw surface somewhere else either here or on Hydrogen chat, what happened to holochat? is it dead?

The H1 Holochat app is maintained by a third party – should still be working but we don’t have control over that one. For Lume Pad we have some cool things cooking :slight_smile:

6 Likes

ooooh, colour me interested… Yes, I recall you mentioned that was third party…

Please don’t incorporate dirty old book face into it…

3 Likes