LeiaViewer

You can download the test model in the link below

1 Like

Hi @Basili,

I will look into this model and see how we can support it. I believe LeiaViewer’s GLTF / GLB loader should be able to handle multiple texture sets if I understand what they are correctly. I’ll look into how we can support that with other formats and in the mean time you could try creating a GLTF file.

Hi Daniel,

Just now i also looked into importing my objects in blender and exporting it to a .glb file. I tried to combine multiple models into one file and it works, textures are also correctly shown. But, it seems that the application does not read normal map and alpha map?

I believe it should be reading normal maps and alpha maps from glb but I need to do some testing first to verify if that is the case. Could I also test your glb model?

of course, i will also include normal map, alpha map and upload it to the same drive

I have an obj we created that won’t open in Leiaviewer. Is there a limit on size?
Download from https://we.tl/t-8eNsYtqkYY

Hi Marty,

If your model is not loading, it may be too large to open in LeiaViewer. In this case you should try to reduce the facecount to under 100k. You can do this by going into Blender (a free app) and using the decimate tool. You may also want to adjust Image size down to 4K or less in Photoshop.

‌Recommend upper limit for facecounts: anything over 100k may have issues

‌Recommend upper limit for file sizes: anything over 50MB may have issues

Hard limit for textures: Anything over 4K almost definitely won’t work

1 Like

Thanks - we’ve been able to decimate some models. David helped us work through some examples.

2 Likes

glad to hear that. Please let me know if you have any other questions or run into any issues.

btw, there’s some really exciting stuff coming next week!

1 Like

Outstanding - can’t wait to test.

Hello John, any news about when LeiaViewer will be available also in the LeiaLoft for Hydrogen? Or the APK working on H1 can be already downloaded from somewhere?

Just realized that no answer came to this question, so maybe answer is up to somebody else? I’m using LeiaViewer on my Lumepad but it would be useful to share models with colleagues in US that have not (yet) a Lumepad but own Hydrogen; apparently according to some official parts this should be available LeiaViewer - Developer Docs

Hey @m.farina,

For the time being, I’m taking over the role as Product Manager of LeiaViewer.

Thanks for pointing out the inconsistency. LeiaViewer was originally developed in Beta for Hydrogen before Lume Pad was available. Some time after those docs were released, the decision was made to drop Hydrogen support. Because of this, there is no continued work on LeiaViewer for Hydrogen and it is no longer available.

Due to our partnership with SketchFab, if you upload models to SketchFab and have the proper account subscription, they will be able to view the 3D models on Hydrogen in 2D in the SketchFab app, and Lume Pad users will be able to view it as a 3D Lightfield in LeiaViewer.

Nima

2 Likes

Dear @Nima ,
thank you very much for your assistance, always very kind and helpful. Hoping not to abuse of your patience: is there any way to access the old beta apk for Hydrogen “as it is”? I think this would be useful as well whatever are the limitations/bugs, beside your suggested approach.

Marco

1 Like

Hello, received my Pad a few days ago.
Love it so far.
Trying to view some obj-files with LeiaViewer, but the file browser only shows me the ‘3D_MODELS’ folder and then I am stuck.
I am right with accessing the browser via the plus in the left upper corner?

Thanks in advance!
Klaus

Hi Klaus,

The plus button is the correct place to access models stored locally on your device. The menu that shows ‘3D_MODELS’ is designed to automatically find and show any supported models that you have on your device. There are a few things we can do to find out why it might not be finding your models. First, how are you getting the model files onto your device? Second, what is the path to the model files on the device?

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your reply.
I found out about my mistake. file was zipped.
When I unzip the obj-file it gets detected.
I get compatibility warning though.
Will have to experiment more.

Thanks
Klaus

1 Like

The ‘Leia App Suite’ category needs a sub-category of ‘LeiaViewer’ (and ‘LeiaTube’).

Bugs:

During ‘Loading Model’ the ‘Cancel’ option seems distinctly flaky, usually reacting only at the end of loading.

Pressing the cube in top right of photo sometime gives option to ‘Delete’ but just as frequently starts loading the model - suggest including a ‘Delete’ option after model has loaded as well.

I don’t see any difference when modifying Adjustments, Effects, DOF.

Sketchfab Explorer (great link-up, guys!) search category defaults to ‘Month’ - no, when searching I want to pick the filters, so start at the widest: ‘All Time’

Feature Requests:

A Help option - no icon is alway obvious, give us some background help.
Slider on left of model - is this ‘Depth of field?’ or moving betwen 2d & 4v (but that elsewhere) or something else?
Bouncing ball icon, is this something to do with animation?

Ability to choose & retain the the orientation of model shown in picture on entry to ‘LeiaViewer’

• this doesn’t seem to be the Sketchfab default view, and from the wrong angle the model may be unrecognisable.

Longer name needed under model view, half of my current namespace is taken up with ‘… /scene.gltf’

Sketchfab Explorer, click on my logged-in profile - dropdown should also include ‘My Likes’ - its common practise to trawl Sketchfab on its web interface and mark items of interest with a ‘Like’ - it would then be nice to use LeiaViewer for a detailed 3D look.

Comments:

Shouldn’t ‘Bloom’ be under ‘Light’ rather than ‘Effects’ (questionable?)
Materials: Default (i.e. original texture) & Wireframe : Yes. ‘Metal’ & ‘Carbon’ - really? - you’re just weird.

Lieaviewer 1.2.9 now displays model photo in last orientation.
Also Sketchfab Explorer setting seems to default to ‘All time’.
Oddly the release note just says ‘performance improvements’, but thanks anyway.

1 Like

For my Lume Pad 2, the more models I have loaded from Sketchfab, the more the app randomly crashes back to the desktop. I expect to load thousands of models, but after only about 150, when I try to use Sketchfab Explorer, sometimes the search keyboard won’t open and if it does let me search it will eventually crash, sometimes into opening another Leia app instead of to the desktop! I need for this app to be robust, but instead it becomes incredibly unstable when storing only a small number of models.