Lightfield content on the web

I’m deeply interested on Lightfield-content-web’s support.

Beyond the (Deprecated) WebGL SDK is anyone working on this?
Somebody knows if this topic is on the Leia roadmap?

I will enjoy trying to do some tests like create a JavaScript Interface from CNSDK Wasm compilation, but I don’t have the CNSDK sources.

3 Likes

I tried using the WebGL sdk to display models but the quality was just lacking. I think Leia is missing out on a lot of content by not having VR support in Chrome. There are so many markets that could use this, such as architecture, engireering and real estate.

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more about that, @sdoughti. We’re developing some cool use cases for VR/AR headsets, and the Leia devices are truly interesting. But for me and my team, one of the top priorities is to have web-based support.

4 Likes

We have an internal OpenXR Runtime for Windows that works with our “Built on SR” devices, which includes Acer SpatialLabs products. WebXR content renders stereoscopically through this runtime, but of course it doesn’t handle motion controller inputs.

If you’re willing to use an Acer SpatialLabs ConceptD Laptop, an Acer Predator SpatialLabs Edition Laptop, a PC with an Acer SpatialLabs View portable monitor attached to it, or a Leia SR Pro 2 Monitor to display your WebXR content, you can reach out to business@leiainc.com with your use case and we can explore giving you access to our internal OpenXR runtime.

Or, you can wait till 2024 as more of our OpenXR / WebXR plans roll out to more devices publicly.

4 Likes

This is great to hear! Are they planning to bring this to the lume pad 2?

I see the issue:

Or, you can wait till 2024 as more of our OpenXR / WebXR plans roll out to more devices publicly.

Awesome news, will be available on Lume Pad 2 as well?

If you’re willing to use an Acer SpatialLabs ConceptD Laptop…

For now we are focused on 3D tablet devices, and we are evaluating the viability to use some Leia Monitors also, but laptops not are on the table for now.

1 Like

We have nothing to announce at this time about OpenXR runtimes coming to other devices, but we do plan on making the runtime for Windows public next year.

2 Likes