Screen Protector for Lume Pad

I’ve found a screen protector that fits the Lume Pad pretty well… it won’t quite cover the entire front surface edge-to-edge, but easily covers the active (viewable) portion of it (see photo). Another good thing: it doesn’t have any pre-cut holes or notches specific to other models, like so many others; this one’s just a rectangular piece of tempered glass w/ rounded corners & doesn’t cover up the sensors!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0821Z7R2Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

11 Likes

Great find - thanks for sharing, Jim!

3 Likes

How is it potentially removing the cover? Does it leave residue on the screen?

1 Like

Just a heads up, @codenamedLeia this is for a previous model so different size completely.

We’ll keep an eye out for community recommendations on accessories! Feel free to let us know if you find something that works for you as well.

If you have any quesitons, don’t hesitate to post and tag me or someone from our team. Welcome to the Leia Forum!

Marlon, Community Manager @ Leia

You might want to be careful, as screen protectors can sometimes mess with the image. I’ve gotten some cheaper ones for my phone years ago that created a sort of moire pattern and ruined the image. I think the glass they make for these things is pretty strong, but the official case works well if you’re worried.

1 Like

Just got my Pad 2 today, and while I love most of it, one thing that really annoys me is how reflective the screen is. I’m guessing a screen protector that reduces reflectiveness will probably result in a bad 3d experience ?

While a screen protector could detract from the 3D experience, which is why we don’t recommend them, many users have used screen protectors on devices and they worked great. So really, it comes down to the screen protector you choose, and some might work great while others won’t.

1 Like

I bought a few from Amazon to test. I don’t care much about protecting the screen, as I’m careful, but I would like to try to cut down on glare cause it’s been a little distracting, especially when watching movies.

Please keep us updated on those test screen protectors. I’m curious on how it will (or will not) impact the 3D experience.

1 Like

I got 2 of them today, let me check it out.

Okay, so I was wrong. Glad I started testing this. It looks SO MUCH better with the protector. What I thought was ghosting, was actually just glare/reflection. The 3D image is significantly more clear. It looks amazing. The protector does have a sort of film grain, but to me this looks better as well. So not as sharp, but it hides the checkerboard pattern so it looks more natural (though maybe appears a little blurrier but not that bad). This might be an artistic taste, but I think the grain is an improvement. The touch screen also feels better.

The only bad part is the protector messes with the camera. The first one I put on I covered the front cameras and it totally messed up the tracking. It would flicker, then go 2D, then off and on. So I put on a second one, but I cut out an area on top with the razor. This fixed the issue, but it looks ghetto. I guess if you are really good with a blade you could do it, but it’s very hard to cut this shape out perfect. This is the protector I got. Its sized for the Galaxy Tab S8 Plus and it’s about perfect (maybe 2mm short on the height, width is the same).

I also have this one coming tomorrow, which appears to have the correct camera cutout for the Leia Lume Pad 2. It’s the same size as this one, so I know it will fit, it will just be a matter if it’s as clear, cause the one above looks great. I’ll keep testing this tonight and then try this one tomorrow.

1 Like

Just tried this one. It looks similar to the first one I reviewed, but it’s about 1mm shorter, so it fits without cutting holes for the camera. Also, strangely I can see the 3D with my computer glasses (I’m near sighted). With the bare screen, I have to use my driving glasses to see the 3D or it is doubled. This makes no sense to me, but okay.

1 Like

Thanks for testing these screen protectors out @cybereality!

So I tried 4 options. This was the other one I did not mention. It worked, but I didn’t like the extra size cut out for the camera. However, it did basically fit and looked good.

All things said, the best one I tried and the one I am using is this one " ZOEGAA Paper Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Plus". It is very nice quality and is very close to the right size. You have to be careful putting it one, as not to obscure the cameras (it’s a tight fit) but it works.

This is with the protector on:

This is without, just the bare screen:

It’s hard to tell in the image, but look at the top left around the border, you can see my fingers and a reflection of me and the phone. It doesn’t come out well on the photo, but this is visible slightly across the whole screen and is distracting and looks like ghosting. The image with the protector is much softer and smoother and not with ugly reflections. Very happy with the purchase.

If you buy this, buy 3 of them though. It’s hard to put on and you might make 1 or 2 mistakes.

thanks for all the testing. i also have a matte screen protector waiting for me when I get home from this business trip. I will report back. I am also hunting for a good keyboard/trackpad.

1 Like

I ordered these keyboards. They were the only ones with trackpads that looked decent.

I have 2 keyboards for my old tablet, but honestly they are barely usable due to missed pressed and double key presses. I use them on trips rather than bringing my laptop, but hopefully these new ones are better quality.

Those two were not good. I got this one, probably the only one worth buying. The typing is very good. Not as good as a laptop keyboard, but close. Trackpad is okay, they don’t really work well in Android in general but it’s usable.

Couple more questions :
There are 4 different sizes on that Zoegaa amazon link which did you select ?
How hard is it to remove and does it leave some residue on the screen ?

Thank you

1 Like

The one for the Tab S7 Plus. It’s easy to take off, no residue.

Any one figured 3rd party cases? Can we use magnetic Case like this?