Setting up 3D with AR on just black screen

Hi, I am working on creating testing application that tests AR with 3D. I know I cannot accomplish this right now so I am just trying show 3D objects with black background where I can move them.

In first picture is AR application with 2 cubes, red one I can move with camera. In the second picture again 2 cubes and I can move the red one with the camera. I want to display the second picture with cubes in 3D, but it’s very jittery and not good looking, sometimes even I can see 4 different lighfield images of cubes, but they are far apart. I didn’t found right settings of Leia camera script.

To get second picture I just added to AR camera Leia camera. Is there a way how can I properly show cubes in 3D with help of some settings?

Thanks a lot for help and have a nice day,

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

If you see the “4 different lighfield images of cubes, but they are far apart”, it seems the current baseline scaling might be too high.

I have few questions for understanding this issue properly.
Do you use Lumepad 1 for this project? Can I ask which version of Unity SDK you are using?

For the ARCamera related issue, we might need to check ARCamera script to give more specific answer, but can you check how the original background texture has been assigned?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I am using Unity version 2020.2.7f1, thats what I found I should use.
I am using the standard lumepad Tablet 10.8.
For creating background texture in first picture I am using AR camera from AR foundation.
Background of second picture is created just by adding Leia camera component to the AR camera.
Settings of camera are showed in the picture, black background is created just by setting ‘background type’ to solid color and ‘background’ to black.

I tried to play with baseline scaling and convergence distance a lot but i didn’t found a setting that would show 3D effect of cubes without jitter effect or it was unpleasant for eyes.

I am just trying to show possibility to manipulate 3D objects (cubes) in augmented reality with help of lumepad, thats why in the application user can manipulate with cube with camera or rotate and scale the cubes with fingers.

Thanks a lot for help

Daniel

You can recreate this by creating application from AR core template, adding Leia camera to the AR camera and setting the background. Than just place a cube in front of camera that should be showed in 3D.

Hello Daniel,

Unfortunately, we do not support AR in the Leia SDK. We would love to, though its not an easy problem to solve.

AR tools like AR Core and AR Foundation take the device’s camera data and interweave it into the scene’s main camera render pipeline. Leia SDK also commandeers the main camera render pipeline in order to properly interlace.

It is on our list of feature’s to investigate in the future but at this moment we do not have AR capabilities.

Hope this was informative. Happy creating!

Joe

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I would like to ask one more questions, is there a way how to properly set up leia camera to show 3D visualisation of object that is moved in scene, for example in some room? Right now my solution is showing this moving cube in one place in 3D but when i move it far back in the room cube is showing another light field images far away from each other. How can I do it so cube will be in right 3D mode always?

Thanks a lot for help

Daniel

If I understand your question, you would like to update the the Leia SDK convergence distance and baseline scaling to accommodate moving objects in runtime?

If so, you can set convergence distance and baseline with this API to suit your needs. If you would like to auto focus on an object in motion, check out our Autofocus feature.

Hope this helps!

Joe

1 Like