Viewing 180 3D on LUME PAD

Is Leia developing software that can enable viewing 180 3D contend (pictures and videos) on LUME PAD? I have had the VUZE XR for over a year now resulting in lots of media, would be nice to have an app that would use the device accelerometer to enable viewing the entire 180 degree field in 3D as you mode the tablet. Am I being too hopeful?

6 Likes

Support for 3D VR is in the works - stay tuned!

11 Likes

I am hoping for this as well. I have a VuzeXR as well and literally was going to type this same question days ago. 180 3D would be great

3 Likes

Well well well… I ALSO have a VuzeXR…

Good thing we’re one step ahead of the curve :wink:

3 Likes

Looks like we are all in good company then! Can’t wait to see what’s up coming!

3 Likes

Thank you, looking forward to this feature!

3 Likes

Great news as I too create 180° 3D content. :grinning:

3 Likes

I also have a VUZE camera, looking forward to this.

2 Likes

Two months later. Something News to 180 3D?

1 Like

It’s in the pipeline - still working on it! Thanks for the follow-up. We are excited to release it.

5 Likes

hardly wait for this option as well!!

2 Likes

Any updates on compatibility with 180 3D? Reading in this thread that it was being worked on at the beginning of 2021 gave me enough faith to purchase the lume pad, but starting to lose hope

Hey @aliveisthecity,

Most of the feature has been completed and it’s still on our roadmap but due to some changing business priorities it may take longer than initially expected. Our current target is late Q3 2021 or sooner.

6 Likes

Sadly it seems that we are seeing a pull back from support of 180° 3D photography from all camera manufactures and internet providers. The new FM-Duo camera just went on sale starting at $20,000 and that seems to be the only new 180° camera in the works. That price tag is out of my league.

If we clap our hands and REALLY believe, Insta360 might release the 180 mount for the Insta360 One R.

1 Like

That ones definitely dead on arrival.

1 Like

20 months have passed. Is it now possible to display photos in 180° 3D on the Lume Pad?

VR180 video can be played in LeiaTube on Lume Pad 1 and in both LeiaTube and LeiaPlayer on Lume Pad 2.