ZTE Nubia Pad 3D / Lost in Service Hell

Leia did a truly fantastic job and created a truly magical product. In order for it to be successfully sold, it also needs people who can market and sell this product just as professionally. And whose experience in customer service works so smoothly that you enjoy buying from them again and are happy to recommend them. Switch to ZTE, the only manufacturer and seller of the unique Leia Lightfield 3D technology in a tablet outside the US.

What has happened so far (as briefly as possible):

On July 19th, I ordered the Nubia Pad 3D online from ZTE. I expected it to be shipped within 5 business days. Two weeks later it still hadn’t been shipped.

On July 4th, I canceled the order by email.

On July 8th, I repeated the cancellation via chat and asked for confirmation.

The very friendly chat support told me that the tablet was already on its way and that I should not accept the DHL Express shipment so that it would be returned to the sender.

As soon as I had the tracking number, I initiated the return to the sender via the DHL app.

The package never reached my doorstep and was delivered to the sender on August 11th, according to tracking.

In between, several emails and chats with the repeated request to finally confirm my cancellation. Every time the same pattern. ZTE Support: “Did you receive the package?” Me: “No, I canceled the order, the package was delivered to the sender on August 11th as you can see by your tracking number.” ZTE Support: “I will forward the issue to our back end team, who will contact you immediately.” Me: “You’ve said that for the 3rd time now, and no one has ever contacted me.” ZTE Support: “I’ll prioritize it.”

On August 17th, PayPal announced the debit of the first installment, which is why I turned to ZTE chat again. ZTE Support: “Did you receive the package?” Me: “No, I canceled the order, the package was delivered to the sender on August 11th.” and so on.

On August 19th, PayPal debited the first installment, which is why I turned to ZTE chat again. ZTE Support: “Did you receive the package?” …

Since then, I have been trapped in this terrible ZTE support time loop with no way out including an email joking “How satisfied are you with your new tablet? Rate from 1-5 stars!”

Yesterday I started the customer protection procedure at PayPal.

I know that ZTE has nothing directly to do with Leia, but I guess there are communication channels. Maybe one can encourage important persons on their side to improve the customer experience. This could benefit the spread and thus the success of this great device / technology on the market, which is what we all wish for.

Thank you!

Edit:
After a few more chats I’ve got a refund on September 1st - Phew!
Got a Lume Pad 2 from Amazon in the meantime :smiley:

2 Likes

Not sure how much of a help I can be, but have you not filed or made a claim with paypal for stop payment?

Yes, that’s what I did.
Now the seller has 8 days to comment the case to PayPal.
What’s interesting tho is not ZTE (who manufactures and where I ordered the Nubia Pad 3D) but a firm(?) with the name GAMEGEEK and an email adress starting with „xiaomi“ acts as the seller to PayPal.

However the case ends I have to say ZTE‘s behavior so far is at least disappointingly unprofessional if not on the edge of fraudulent.

GAMEGEEK is under company Nubia.
So technically ZTE uses that company for payment. Not sure why they do this, but I ran into this with ZTE a while ago.

Didn’t know that. Thanks! :+1:

You’re welcome.
I hope your Paypal claim works out.
No obligation, but let us know how it turns out, or if you have any questions, let us know. Community is here to help :slight_smile:

Thanks for the interest. After chatting with them on a daily basis ZTE announced a refund for September 1st. So finally there’s hope.

1 Like

Glad to hear that!

That’s exactly why I didn’t order from ZTE
either , also various contradictions on their website about the warranty…

1 Like