Any chance we can see the ToF camera in action?

Are there any pictures or scripts that will show more into the ToF integration?

1 Like

Hi @landon_wood !

The LumePad ToF sensor is synchronized and calibrated with another front facing RGB camera. These sensor outputs (including IR image, depth buffer, pseudo color depth image, as well as a head-tracker output) will be made accessible using a set of easy-to-use APIs through a library built upon camera2 APIs. These APIs are expected to be available through an OTA update in the first week of November.

Here is a teaser sample from an early engineering unit …

7 Likes

Sounds and looks awesome! Thanks for the test sample!

Hi, David!

Are the APIs you described here in the currently available SDKs? I glanced through the two Android SDK’s doc pages, and I didn’t see something that offered this functionality.

I’m very interested in the idea of 3D-enabled videoconferencing to the point that I’m considering trying to write some proof-of-concept code to see what it would look like. If you happen to have a pointer for how I could get started playing with the front camera with a depth map, I’d really appreciate it!

1 Like

Hi @Marc the software is ready internally, the team is trying to fins the time to package into an easy to use API for you folks out there – a little bit more patience :pray:

5 Likes

Thanks for the update! I look forward to giving it a spin when it’s ready.

2 Likes

@Marc @landon_wood Thanks for the patience guys, the TOF SDK is now live at

https://docs.leialoft.com/developer/lumepad-camera-sdk/getting-started

6 Likes