Any tool for simple video editing?

Hello, I’m looking for a simple way/tool for cutting and merging 3D videos taken by Lume Pad.

1 Like

Hey @pyngu! You can use almost any video editing tool that supports either SBS 3D content explicitly, or simply allows for non-standard video source and output render ratios.

I’ve had great luck using Sony/Magix Vegas as well as Apple’s Final Cut Pro X. iMovie doesn’t support custom outputs so that unfortunately doesn’t work. I have heard many people have great luck with Black Magic’s Da Vinci Resolve, but I haven’t used it myself.

2 Likes

I use Cyberlink Powerdirector which automatically accepts H4V video files. (I do have to manually tag them as SBS.) If your software doesn’t recognize them, just change the file extension to MP4.

1 Like

Thanks, but I forgot to mention, that I rather look for some Android app, direct for my Lume Pad. I’ve tried PowerDirector app, but I can’t reach the right display ratio in result. I have some better outputs with FilmoraGo.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing all of your solutions ya’ll! Im going to do some 3D video editing myself this weekend of footage I shot in Munich a few weeks ago. Will check out FilmoraGo @pyngu! Previously I used Adobe Premiere for editing footage shot on two cameras with a dongle.

I didn’t find Filmora go in the play store on my LP 2. I did find Filmora. There is no demo and I am not spending $30 only to find it doesn’t work. Anybody have any luck since July? I would prefer to do all editing on the LP2 in land scape. The last review said that it now worked in landscape but when you first open it only works in portrait. This forum is the only place to find out if it works for 3d taken on the LP2.

I just tried the demo version of Powerdirector on the LP2. I have many issues with the interface and export back to the pad for 3d viewing of the edited file. I have sent my questions and comments to them and will await their response. It may be user error, the fact that it is the demo version or it is not optimized for the Lume Pad 3 yet.

Sadly PD just dropped most 3D editing features this month.

I just transferred a 3d video converted from my iPhone to Google Photos, cropped it and put some text on it. No audio editing but there is some other filter stuff. I then exported to my download folder and damn if it didn’t play in 3d using Leia Player. I didn’t notice any loss in quality and the process was easier than anything I tried. Nothing like a free solution. This is a drop microphone situation.