Editing software for video?

Although I do take stills, my real love is over 3D video. Will there be editing software in a near, future date.

Thanks.

1 Like

I cannot comment on whether nor how well it works, but I believe that DaVinci Resolve Studio (the paid prosumer version) has support for editing 3D videos. It might be worth checking into at least.

I just checked and saw this mentioned on their Studio page.

1 Like

Completely agree, Resolve works very well for 3D in SBS format, especially when you use the additional 3D capabilities in the Fusion page (or stand-alone Fusion Studio).

PS: The new Fusion 18 beta now can create depth maps from single eye pictures/video. Not perfect and a bit behind the Leiapix Converter from what I can tell after using it over the last couple of days, but good enough for most scenes that aren’t particularly tricky.

1 Like

@InfernusMikey I created a video on this topic the other day on how to edit 3D video in Premiere Pro. You can check it out here if you are interested: How to Edit 3D Stereoscopic Video (2022) - YouTube

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. I love help, and lots of YouTube videos do that. I will go and check yours out.

1 Like

I have watched Anavision videos before. When I was checking out everything I could find (before I bought) the Lume Pad, I watched some of your videos on it. Small world.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you for mentioning this. I use Resolve all the time and had no idea it could do that.

1 Like