Everything i view in 3d has alot of ghosting

Everything i view in 3d has major ghosting going on. Is my tablet defective? I just got it.

Hi @Pearce36,

What kind of content are you viewing? Are you viewing Lightfield content designed for the display, or high-disparity stereo content in stereo mode?

Do you see any ghosting in the files that come preloaded in the LeiaPlayer app?

Nima

1 Like

Hi, the preloaded stuff in the player app and games look great but in leia tube and watching pacific rim lots of ghosting.

Hey @Pearce36,

That’s the big difference between true Lightfield and stereo 3D content. The higher the disparity and contrast in stereo mode, the more ghosting artifacts you will see.

The way to minimize it is to ensure you’re viewing the tablet from a proper distance (about an arms length away, 30cm-40cm) and to ensure you’re viewing it at exactly the center.

The Lume Pad was designed and optimized around Lightfield content, but we added more and more backwards compatibility with stereo 3D over time as an option for enthusiasts. If the 3D content you’re viewing has Lightfield mode (Leia Logo Button) as an option you can switch to that mode to eliminate the artifacts, with a trade-off being there will be a reduction in perceived depth.

Nima

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the help and info.

1 Like

Videos are actually looking alot better and really cool now!

2 Likes