Ghost images

As you can see there are 2 ghost images in my lumepad (1 per eye ).
I don’t know if this is a common problem or if it’s only my tablet but when there are Big contrasts I can see the views mixed and It is very annoying
Do you have have the same problem?

Hey @Meta_J, this is known as “ghosting” or “cross-talk” in the 3D world.

Content that isn’t designed expressly for Leia’s Lightfield displays may exhibit these issues.

The pictures you’re showing are from a game originally designed for the Nintendo Virtual Boy, which uses two discrete displays (one per eye) so it doesn’t have this issue on original hardware. The game is then being played in Stereo 3D on the Lightfield Display, which doesn’t have the benefit of Leia’s Anti-Crosstalk technology which can only work on Lume Pad with 4-view Lightfield content.

What I do in Virtual Virtual Boy to eliminate crosstalk is to go into the settings and turn the black into a lighter gray color. This eliminates the cross-talk completely for me except for games that have been designed with super high disparity.

3 Likes

Thank you!!

And What can I do to watch films in Leia play without crosstalk ?

Thank you so much !

It depends on the movie. Many 3D movies on 3D Blu-Ray were designed poorly and have crosstalk everywhere. I was watching Tangled in 3D on my projector recently and was surprised by how many instances of bad convergence Disney allowed in the movie.

In any case, there are a few things you can do:

1. Rent 3D Movies that have been optimized for Lume Pad from LeiaFlix.
  2. Re-converge the 3D Blu-Ray rips you’re using to fix their design issues.
  3. Run movies through Lightfield Studio to optimize them for Lume Pad (not recommended, will take many, many hours or even days depending on the power of your computer).

I ripped my 3D Blu-Ray of Avengers: Endgame and it looks great on Lume Pad. Avengers: Age of Ultra though has lots of visual issues with bad focus / convergence, especially during early fight scenes. The Eternals however is basically unwatchable on Lume Pad, as the movie was designed with a ton of disparity. Because of this, it has a lot of visible crosstalk on other 3D devices like my projector too.

Basically, it’s just a toss up. Some content looks great, some looks worse. Viewing the content in Lightfield mode instead of Stereo Mode should make it look better though, with a trade-off of reduced depth.

2 Likes