Getting an error in LeiaPlayer

I have a Nubia Pad 3D and a Huawei Mate 20 Pro phone, Leialink is working fine for me, I have sent pictures from the phone to the Nubia Pad 3D and viewed them in 3D

Unfortunately, we don’t control the Share menu from the Android OS.

However, reach out to help@leiainc.com and I’m sure they’ll help you out.

I’m having the same error code and problem as above. Can you please help me solve too? I’m also wondering about which settings I should have turned on in Leia Player. I currently have the sliders turned on for all but “Dates in media gallery” and “loop videos”. I think I recently turned on the “automatically tag file names…” ones so I’m wondering if that could be a problem or if I should leave on? I also sent some bug reports and reached out in the help section. Thanks

None of those settings should affect it. It usually happens if you uploaded an unsupported filetype to LeiaLink.

Please reach out to help@leiainc.com so they can help you troubleshoot.

1 Like

Have you had any luck on this issue? I am stuck and can’t download anything now when it was working fine. I too did the auto tag settings just prior to this download errors starting.

We found a work around! If you set up the google photos app with the same email on both devices and set it up to download everything into the cloud at original quality, then every photo you take with the RH1 should end up in the google photos app on your LP2. From there you can go to a photo, tap the top right three dots icon and hit download. Then you can go to LeiaPlayer and your photo should eventually load there in Media or File Browser > DCIM > Restored. They should look 3D and be postable to LeiaLink.

Either 4V mode photo will work. “Pro SBS 4K” will look SBS, and if you turn that setting off while still in 4V mode it will look like one 2D image but the second photo will be hidden in the meta data and it will end up 3D when downloaded to the LP2.

I still need to do more research to figure out bulk downloading. There’s probably a better way. The team is also planning to delete all my data in LeiaPlayer to see if that will make the pop up go away. TBD.

And btw we’re thinking it’s the old outdated LeiaLink app on the RH1 which has the bug, so you want to avoid using it

That’s unfortunate since the RH1 ist still the most pocketable device that takes quality SBS in Pro Mode, I use it quite often to take pics on the go. Since Support is no longer available this would mean that Leia Link is no longer usable on this device.
Is there any announcement for a new phone with Leia Features that would take care of this?

Thanks TJ. Yes that worked unless you also want to transfer photos from an iOS device and post process to 3D. I accomplished this by using Dropbox and then opening and downloading the file on LP2.

I still also have the loading errors and Leia Link is nonfunctioning as a result.

Let me know when that is sorted please?

On another note, my post processing of pics from the iOS into a 3D in LeiaPlayer are sometimes as good as those from the RH1. Thoughts?

I agree it’s very unfortunate and still the best small 3D camera I’ve seen. But not the end of the world with this google photos work around. It’s actually kind of better because the photos will be safe on the cloud if your phone breaks, and they upload automatically vs needing to send. (Still need to download to LP2 yourself though)

To try to get rid of the error code send an email to help@leiainc.com and ask them to delete all your data on LeiaLink. I did that and hoping it will work. Seemed to work for someone else in the past. They said it would take some time and they’d let me know when to try to use it again. Just make sure your photos are backed up somewhere first. They should be already. Then don’t use the LeiaLink app on your RH1 again or it could trigger the error again.

As for the iOS photos, they wouldn’t be on google photos but sounds like you found a work around. Personally I’m not really a fan of the AI generated 3D. It’s too blobby and it doesn’t do the details any justice. I’d much rather see real 3D. I guess it’s interesting on occasion to see how the AI thinks though. I just hope the LeiaPix posts don’t get too overcrowded with generated 3D. At least I think they should have the explore page divided into 2 sections. One for generated and one for real 3D so I don’t have to scroll for days just to find one with real 3D which is always what I would rather see. That’s just me though. I think real 3D quality can’t be generated unless the 3D shapes are very blocky and basic. Anything complex like plants won’t work well.

1 Like

I sent my email off to support and will post the outcome here when done troubleshooting. If as suspected, the RH1 formats are out of date, perhaps Leia tech could “allow” or modify the LP2 to accept these older formats or create an android utility we can downland.

As for “real 3d” verses post rendering to 3D, I see your point. I do wish the RH1 had better low light capability.

If Leai can make a LP2 why not a phone?

Taking pics with a LP2 is clumsy. Viewing and post processing on LP2 however is awesome!

Sharing these photos with non Lume users is also a quest…

It shouldn’t be, sharing Leia Image Format photos is automatic. You can just send them the Leia Image Format file and it’ll just work in 2D on any device, no conversion needed. Or, post the images to LeiaPix and share the LeiaPix image link, they’ll be able to view it in any browser on any device as a beautiful 3D animation.

If you want to send a Leia Image Format picture in 3D to an older 3D device, you can simply export it as an SBS when sharing from LeiaPlayer.

So it’s either totally automatic or requires one extra button press on the Lume Pad 2.

2 Likes

Actually from what I’ve seen the formats from the the RH1 camera are fine. It’s just when sending them through the LeiaLink app they get converted into a broken format if they were shot in SBS mode, I think because they appear too long. I think it has something to do with the thumbnail view in the app accidentally permanently cropping them into a square before it sends them.

If you use google photos though they’re fine. So the original files don’t need to be converted. They just need to avoid the LeiaLink app. So get them to show on your LP2 somehow, google photos or drop box, and then “Download” rather than “send to LeiaPlayer” where the error code from before is still blocking traffic.

I bet sending to LeiaPlayer from google photos or drop box would work fine again if you got the data / image loading cue / error code cleared and you never used LeiaLink app again. Can’t be sure what caused the error though. Many of those broken files did make it through so it could be something else. Maybe a long video? Still want to avoid the broken files though.

I would like to see a new pocketable 3D camera with the quality of the RH1 but a better manual user interface, an easy manual focus slider, even a fold up screen for shooting low, adjustable lens distance, etc. And simple file sharing. More focused on being the perfect 3D camera than a phone. Unlikely though. Red had a big advantage with their cinema camera experience and they flopped so who would take the risk? I think it’s still too niche.

Although Apple did say the Vision Pro was their “first” 3D camera :smirk:. I bet they’ll add 3D to a phone sooner than later. That’ll be the day. And it will look amazing in the Vision Pro with no ghosting on the edges. Still, I think the RH1 has way better depth processing and generated bokeh than any iPhone will on “cinematic” mode which usually fails on the edges. Maybe better crispness too.

And I’m actually talking with a developer who’s working on a conversion tool right now. He said he’ll get back to me in a couple weeks. I don’t think it will solve the broken LeiaLink bug conversion but it will be good to have in the back pocket for regular conversions. SBS to LIF etc. Will keep you posted when I test it.

2 Likes

I followed all of support instructions which I will post and Leia link still inn-op for any device.

For LeiaLink, the only two supported formats are 2D images and Apple Portrait
Mode photos. And an error may occur if you uploaded 3D images, such as the SBS
images. I’d like to suggest you to try the following workaround steps below:

1. Remove (Unlink) the managed devices (Hydrogen One) in
    LeiaPlayer>LumeLink>More Options>Manage Device(s)>Remove.
  2. Clear the app data first in LeiaPlayer (on the Lume Pad2) and then second
    Clear app data on LeiaLink (Hydrogen One, Second). The order of this step is
    important to resolving this condition.
  3. Lastly, re-add the mobile managed device to LeiaPlayer>LumeLink>Connect New
    Device on the Lume Pad, and enter your account email and given code into
    LeiaLink on the managed mobile device.

Yeah they sent the same instructions to me and it didn’t work. Still waiting to hear back about them clearing the data on their end.

Yes that is the best step. In the meantime I can share via drop box from an iOS or other device. For the RH1 I have been using Nearby Share and air dropping to LP2.