LeiaPlayer problem with Skate Wheels image

I think the convergence processing in LeiaPlayer has a problem with one of the sample LIF images included on the Lume Pad 2 (Skate_Wheels.jpg). All the other images look fine, but that one is unviewable. I downloaded the file to my PC, extracted the left and right images, put them into a SBS JPG, and loaded it back into the tablet. After that, it looked fine, so I assume the problem is in displaying the LIF file in the player. (BTW, that was one of my favorite sample images on the original Lume Pad, so I hope you can fix this.)

2 Likes

This is a known issue with various files and formats. The team has been working on an update to LeiaPlayer to fix this issue.

2 Likes

Thanks, Nima. It’s not a big deal. Fixing the MPO bug should be a higher priority.

1 Like

They’re all inter-related believe it or not. We have a media decoder library that our apps use, and the bug is with the library, not the LeiaPlayer itself. But because LeiaPlayer uses it, we have to fix the issue in the library and then update the library in the LeiaPlayer app. Multiple teams, lots of moving parts.

2 Likes

Thanks again. I wish good luck and success to your software team(s). BTW, I REALLY like the face-tracking on the Lume Pad 2. That feature alone is worth the price. I think I have finally found the right device to show stereo photos to people who don’t have the patience to locate the sweet spot and hold their heads still. I send my heartiest congratulations to Leia!

David

3 Likes

I agree with this, there is a noticeable difference now with people far less likely to get disoriented when they look at the tablet. They just enjoy it for what it is.

1 Like