Leia 2D->3D conversion to view spatial photos/video on Apple Vision Pro or Quest?

First off - apologies if this was covered in another thread and I missed it. If so, please point me in the right direction.

Question: Is it possible to use Leia to convert traditional 2D photos/video into a 3D format that can be viewed in either the Apple Vision Pro or Quest as spatial content?

See how this works for spatial content (aka stereoscopic) captured on iPhone 15 Pro / Pro Max:

I’m not familiar enough with the specifics of how this works from a technical standpoint, but would love to learn.

Yes, quite easily.

You can use LeiaPix on the web to take any 2D image and convert it to 3D in SBS format. It’ll work by default in the media player on Quest, and it’ll work on Apple Vision Pro in the Moon Spatial app.

Excellent, thank you for the rapid response, Nima!

I wasn’t sure if there was anything special about the SBS format on any of these devices. Can’t wait to try this out.

Hi @Nima - is it possible to convert 2D videos as well or just 2D images?

2D videos can be converted to 3D on-the-fly in the LeiaPlayer and LeiaTube apps on the Lume Pad 2.

The feature is entering closed beta for LeiaPix and won’t be publicly available for at least a couple of months or longer.

1 Like

Got it, thanks for sharing Nima! Looking forward to the planned expansion.

I tried this earlier today and the results are pretty amazing.

1 Like

Are there how to’s on how to do this?

Update:

Nevermind, figured it out. Use the 2D/3D slider.

I tried previously., but could not figure it out. The results are amazing.

Thanks!

2 Likes