Leia godot SDK

Mostly I would like to know if Leia Will release an SDK for godot game dev on the lume pad/leia products.
I’m so new to game dev I don’t even know if I’m saying that right, but I know what I’m trying to say and I’d bet you all know what I mean. I’m going to keep learning gdscript and python. From what I’ve read gdscript language is written in a similar way to python but I’m not sure what that really means, all programing language structure are based off C.

That doesn’t matter though. What I’m getting at is even if I have to learn gdscript for hands on experience while studying up on python I will develop games for lume pad’s. If I’m going to be making games on windows and android, they’re going go be made with Leia’s holographic tech in mind. I’d like to, as I’m learning/creating my first real (not exercises) games with godot, get started testing out the hardware, get a feel for creating games with that new dimention.

I thought I’d create an account, I bought the first lume pad when It first came out. Absolutely amazing holographic depth 3d. Instantly It was like, I want to make games for this. So I started to learn about the Depth field and lightfield tech, game development. I know more about depthmaps and how depthy can convert 2d to 3d with javascript. Godot is open source, I dont know if its beyond me or if its something Leia would let me do, but Id look into making the Leia godot SDK with the help of the people at godot, if they’re interested, someone there would be. I would be grateful if anyone could give me an Idea of what this would take to accomplish and any other important information that I most likely wouldnt know.

If Leia already plans on making their platform accessible to more game engines in the future then I’ll just wait.

2 Likes

Hey! I’ve been working with Godot for around 3 years and am pretty experienced with it. Currently I am researching how to get Godot working with the Leia Lume Pad 2. It might take me a few weeks, but I think I can get it working. I’ll post on this thread if I can figure it out. Thanks.

2 Likes

Cybereality, I tip my hat to you and thank you. I wasn’t expecting much if anything at all. Its nice to get a taste of what its like being in a community of people with shared interests and goals that actively share, collaborate and help while also accepting help. Something that’s nice to experience after spending the last few days struggling with comprehending these practice exercises in Godot scripting. Here you are doing exactly what I wish I could do lol.

I’d be interested in what you find out in your research and seeing your work. Do you have a github or will you make one for it? that way I can keep up on your progress. mostly because it would be a great opportunity to learn a little, and what I cant grasp yet I’ll be introduced to something I can look into at a later time. It would be a good opportunity for me. With github I could vicariously be involved and soak it all in without getting in your way…if not you’re still my hero

Yeah, I have a Github. There are some Godot plug-ins on there. To get Lume Pad working with Godot is pretty advanced and you’d have to know C++ and graphics programming. It’s not a task for a beginner. I’m pretty sure I can get it working, but I’m still looking into it. I’ll likely release a plug-in if I can get it working, so you can just drag and drop into your project (like my other plugins).

2 Likes