LeiaCam APP MAJOR ISSUE - PLEASE FIX ASAP!

I just watched a video by Josh on YouTube a moment ago and he basically summed up a MAJOR ISSUE with the Leia Cam App on the Lume Pad 2 /Nubia Pad 3D that has been such a problem in recent months for me and l would say, everyone else!!!

When l first received my Lume pad 2/Nubia Pad 3d, the 3d photos taken by the Leia Cam app were outstanding. It was an immense pleasure to use and show people! I was completely blown away.

After some time and some updates, something strange was happening … The photos just looked odd and NOT like they were originally!!!

I started to dislike the 3d photos and noticed l was even taking out my original Lume pad 1 plus other 3d cameras to take photos as they were appearing better!!! This was not the case when l first got the tablet as the photos were amazing. Clearly something was now just not right!

Somewhere along the way, an update has caused the LeiaCam app to produce 3d images that have very, very visible deteriorated in quality and Josh has proven this in his recent video (linked below).

I was wondering why the hell l started to dislike the images being taken by the Leia Cam app after the updates and couldn’t figure it out!!!

Josh has nailed the issue in his video !!!

Leia … PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you look into this matter with a sense of VERY high priority for a FIX!!! Bring back the original Leia Cam app quality and depth before the updates occured to this app!!!

Thankyou to Josh for his outstanding detective work to bring this to light. He basically uncovered what most of us have seen and could not figure out what was happening!!!

Here is Josh’s video:

I want to be able to recommence taking photos on the tablet using the Leia cam app but l am completely not enjoying the photos produce since Leia updated the app!!!

Bring back the original LeiaCam App!!! I am absolutely desperate to see the photos like l used to when l purchased this expensive tablet!!! I am extremely sad with the app as it stands now!!!

Looking forward to hearing from someone at Leia about a FIX for this asap!!

Kind regards.

4 Likes

Yes I have noticed the pictures on the Lumepad 2 and Nubia pad 3d are not as sharp as they should be, they were better before the update.

My Lumepad 1 seems to take more colorful and sharper and detailed pictures.
Please could this problem be corrected

4 Likes

Is it technically lower resolution or just looks more blurry than it was before?

Haven’t examined the issue myself yet.
I just noticed a lot of distracting crosstalk / ghosting when watching LeiaCam images in LeiaPlayer just right when I got my unit in 8/23.
Same images (also pre-installed demo pics) looked much better (less ghosting, better depth perception) in factory version of LeiaFrame.

Never got a response when I addressed that.

2 Likes

I have taken the same picture on the Lumepad 1 and the Lumepad 2 /Nubia Pad 3D
The Lumepad 1 in information about the pictute reads 18 MB 4492 X 2807 JPG

The Lumepad 2 /Nubia Pad 3D i in information about the pictute reads 7 MB 3840 X 2400 JPG

Checking a picture taken before the updates the information on a picture taken on the Lumepad 2 /Nubia Pad 3D was 17 MB 4656 X 2910 JPG
Please can this reduction be corrected and returned to the way it was before the updates

2 Likes

Thanks for this Roger!!!
Absolutely this needs to be fixed!!!

The photos taken with the LeiaCam app since the updates are very disappointing to me … And l stopped using the Nubia Pad 3d and resorted to using my original Lume pad to take photos because they were better. This is not how it is supposed to be!!!

2 Likes

Please contact support and report the problem.

Hi you could try this, go to the camera app uninstall the updates, take a picture, reinstall the update and take the same picture again, then compare, the two pictures. See what you think

I just recently got my lumepad 2, my first picture I took was a 4656x2910 and 12 mb size, now my pics are 3840x2400 and 4 mb at the similiar light conditions. I did not notice a big difference between both pictures at least to the main focused object but I did edit the pic on the leia viewer app and I save it as new and the size increased by 2mb, the new pic is 6mb with just a bit of focus change but the resolution was untouched. I was not able to find anywhere in the app a way to change the size so I decided to use a 3rd party app from the google store. Once the app was installed I choosed the max resolution for a 16x9 shot (38240x2400) but I have the option to use other lower resolutions too, when I checked the info on the 2D pic example that I took it has just half of the resolution. Definetly Leia needs to fix this inconsistencies in their cam app and I hope the come with some kind of resolution or explanation of this behavior.

3 Likes

Only way is to contact support and get them to talk to the engineers about the problem

Hello, Can you guys provide the LeiaCam version that was “good”, and the version that started showing the issues you discuss? My LeiaCam version is 2.2.5211 – is the the ‘good’ or ‘bad’. As a general comment, it would be helpful if when we see an issue that you also report the SW version you observed the issue. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have the latest now, unfortunately I can not provide the previous version unless there is a log somwhere.

Hello, THanks. What was the version of the ‘good’ one. I don’t need the copy.

Thanks

By the way, what version do you have?

Is there anyone from Leia that can comment on this issue please.

Thankyou.

1 Like

Hi yes the resultion has reduced since the update I would like to see it restored

1 Like

Yes, resolution and depth affected!!

PLEASE PLEASE someone at LEIA … can you RESOLVE this!!!

2 Likes

Honestly after checking out old and new…they have nothing to fix except 2d to 3d movies on SD have a depth and convergence slider…the slightly lower resolution isn’t noticeable in any way shape or form. Your not going to visually see 10000 pixels less in a sea of millions

Hi Ryan … I have had the tablet since release and there is a very, very visible drop in depth and resolution from the original LeiaCam app to the updated LeiaCam app. So much so that l find l am resorting to taking photos with the original Lume pad and my other 3d devices now when l was actually taking photos more with the tablet because the photos were more spectacular in depth and resolution as it was when released!

this is a problem that many of us are experiencing who’ve had the tablet since release. It’s not just the resolution but the quality of DEPTH is different.

When you say you have compared old and new ??? May l ask when you got your tablet … Was it when it was originally released with the original LeiaCam app ???

Ryan, if l was to factory reset my tablet and leave it like that so it doesn’t get updated … It would revert to the factory installed LeiaCam app that was just WOW. But that would mean l miss out on updates to the other apps.

Other than this problem, the tablet is sensational.

There is ABSOLUTELY a downgrade in depth/ resolution with the current LeiaCam app!!! I would like to see this looked into and resolved! As it was originally!!!

Josh has shown in his video clearly this problem … he has purchased two tablets, one which he restored to factory settings so it doesn’t update the LeiaCam app …and the difference in the depth and resolution of the photos on the factory restored app versus his other tablet is very evident!!!

2 Likes

I guess some people are fussy. I maybe forgot but it still looks amazing to me. I can still get things to pop out a foot or so.

I just checked a photo it’s 3840x2400 or am I missing something…also if you are taking under 100 photos at a time you can still edit them to look as good or better than the stock camera settings