Open With... (Google Drive, Google Photos)

I’m constantly sending content back and forth between my PC and my Lume Pad as I explore content creation for the device.

One thing I’m running into is a bit of friction when I try to view 2x2 photos that I’ve saved on my PC to a google drive folder.

When I open it on Lume Pad in google drive app, and click open with, it takes me to google photos, with no prompt. then, if i try to click Share from there, there’s no option for LumePlayer.

I end up having to download the file from google photos to the Android Downloads, then, open Google Files file manager, THEN navigate to the downloaded photo, then finally I can open it in LumePlayer.

Am I missing something obvious? Is there a way on the software side that y’all could register LumePlayer so that it’d show as a “share” option from Google Photos?

Maybe there’s a more sane workflow I’m missing.

(Would also love to know about the possibility of just like a basic remote viewer that just mirrored a PC monitor, or extended the desktop over usb and/or wifi, that would be nice to have as well)

Thanks!

just noticed there’s a Downloads section in the LeiaPlayer app which cuts out a step.
But it still seems odd i’d need to manually download/delete these off internal storage.

Maybe a google drive browser integration in LeiaPlayer is the solution

Hey @jakedowns,

Thanks for pointing this out. There seems like there’s a bug!

When I go to the Google Drive app, click the ellipsis menu of an image, and tap “Open With” and choose LeiaPlayer, it seems to jump out of the app and back to Google Drive.

It should simply open in LeiaPlayer at that point.

Not sure if the bug is on Google’s side or ours right now, but I’ll have the team take a look.

3 Likes

@Nima “When I go to the Google Drive app, click the ellipsis menu of an image, and tap “Open With” and choose LeiaPlayer, it seems to jump out of the app and back to Google Drive.” A similar problem happens when accessing an image file using the Files application on Lume Pad. When I open the Files app, navigate to “Internal Storage”, click the ellipsis menu of an MPO image, and tap “Open With”, it displays the message “None of your apps can open this file”. Shouldn’t it offer to use LeiaPlayer?

1 Like

We don’t have full control of the Android Share menu, but I’ll see whether there’s a flag that we can set that communicates that LeiaPlayer can open MPO’s.

2 Likes