PDF viewer default change

Hello,

I like the Read Aloud feature of Microsoft Edge. But every time I try to open my PDF file, it defaults to Google Drive’s app. I disabled the app to try to allow me to choose a different default viewer, but what it says then is “Can’t open file”.

I also tried selecting the file, click the three vertical dots (“Kebab Menu”… who knew?! Haha!) for the option to “Open with”, but “No apps can perform this action” appears.

I’m at a loss. I’m trying to see if I can drag the PDF onto Microsoft Edge, but I don’t know if multi-window is available on the LumePad. Trying to figure that one out right now.

Hey @Huy.

Why don’t you give this a try and let us know if it works?

:slight_smile: I actually debated on putting a link to what I tried. That’s the exact steps I did, as I found that page this morning. And, yup, sadly it doesn’t work.

I discovered that Google purchased Android and my guess is that they’re really just pushing their File system, and not even allowing the option to default to Microsoft Edge.

Thanks though!

Edit: The reason I like Microsoft Edge is that the browser’s in-built Natasha voice text-to-speech function reads in a very natural sounding way (not robotic sounding).

Install Onedrive, open a PDF, when asked for default App to open it select Onedrive and touch Just once, that should unlock the Drive association, if not, touch Always. If onedrive opens directly without asking for default app viewer you should add another pdf viewer so you can choose between onedrive and the other.