Please somebody use this code to make 3D YouTube

I found this Kotlin code to make a YouTube player:

It should be easy for a current programmer (if not with this code there are more free samples of youtube apps with kotling/java) to incorporate Leia Android Media SDK so any SBS (2x1) video can be played in 3D/4V using the samples provided here: GitHub - LeiaInc/MediaSdkSamples: Repository containing samples demonstrating the usage of Leia Android Media SDK ( Sample app to play a 2x1 video in 4V using ExoPlayer and QuadView).

I would buy on LeiaLoft for almost any price any 3D YouTube Player App (or even a subscription for more features). 15 years ago I were able to program various programs with Visual Basic .NET, but now I think my brain doesn’t have the right connections.

9 Likes

Hey @Kano3D,
I had a little free time over the holidays and created a simple youtube sbs player app.

Apk drive link

Steps :
Install the apk
Open youtube app and navigate to the sbs video.
Pause the video and click share, Leia Youtube Clone app should be present in the app chooser dialog. Click it.
Wait for a few seconds for the video to load in the app.

This works only for sbs videos.

10 Likes

Awesome! I will test it

Is working almost perfect!
On Hydrogen is impressive, on Lume you have to find a good spot to watch and usually doesn’t look as good as on Hydrogen, even with the same video.

The only con I found is the screen locks because inactivity, and the navigation buttons should be hidden to use all screen (usually videos are 16:9 so navigation buttons makes the video smaller on the 16:9 screen of Hydrogen but not on the 16:10 of Lume)

1 Like

For the lumepad issue, let me take a look. The later two issues are a easy fix.
Also added player controls. Here you go. Enjoy!
Apk drive link

9 Likes

I don’t see player controls and now the notification bar also appears on screen and with an annoying purple colour.

1 Like

The same here. And video restarts every time you rotate the phone. Also, I have found a video shot on H1, where the first part is done with front cameras (so portrait) and it looks like wrong overlap of images, getting fine in the second part where he recorded with rear cameras. Anyway, a very good starting point! Good job

I’m hoping I get some free time to look at some projects like this soon. Thank you for your upload!

2 Likes

I’m using the first apk published here succesfully on the Lume Pad. It runs correctly (installed the second apk version on Hydrogen but doesn’t play correctly the video, so I didn’t updated on the Lume)

I appreciate the work of @saravana.gunaseelan I would make a bit donation if he wants, I guess he doesn’t have enough time to update the App, but I’m grateful anyway for that first apk

7 Likes

Most impressive! Thank you!!

Almost off topic, but relevant. I just watch " 3D-Con 2021 Promo SBS50 Version" on YouTube in awesome 3D with my Lume Pad. I’m a long time member of the National Stereoscopic Association. Last year was the first year that the annual convention went virtual, with great success. This year will be even better…and awesome to the extent that various programs can be presented in sbs (vs anaglyph which IMHO is great, but short of awesome). 3D-Con.com

2 Likes

It was working fine for me for several days, but can’t get it to work today , with same sbs videos, so sort of at a loss to troubleshoot whether it’s something on youtube or apk’s or my Lume. Still working for you??

No, something happened with youtube-dl that now doesn’t start playing

In my opinion creators shouldn’t use the latest version of third tools, only version that is know to work. And only update third tools with new version of their Apps, to avoid things like this.

C[quote=“Kano3D, post:1, topic:866, full:true”]
I found this Kotlin code to make a YouTube player:
https://blog.kotlin-academy.com/building-a-youtube-player-using-kotlin-b0e4beef302a
It should be easy for a current programmer (if not with this code there are more free samples of youtube apps with kotling/java) to incorporate Leia Android Media SDK so any SBS (2x1) video can be played in 3D/4V using the samples provided here: GitHub - LeiaInc/MediaSdkSamples: Repository containing samples demonstrating the usage of Leia Android Media SDK ( Sample app to play a 2x1 video in 4V using ExoPlayer and QuadView).

I would buy on LeiaLoft for almost any price any 3D YouTube Player App (or even a subscription for more features). 15 years ago I were able to program various programs with Visual Basic .NET, but now I think my brain doesn’t have the right connections.
[/quote]

Can we expect to repair this ell to start again… would be nice to work with any sbs movie not only youtube…

Thanks for confirmation. I had rebooted n+1 times, reloaded the apk, cleared cache, grasped for straws…

Sorry for not replying guys, was working on something exciting. Now you can watch any 2D, SBS, 360 videos from most streaming sites using LeiaTube (available in Leia appstore). Works on LumePad.

8 Likes

Excellent! Enjoying LeiaTube now!

1 Like

I’m really enjoying LeiaTube myself. Are there restrictions as to the content or type of sites that can be sent to LeiaTube? I did try playing a purchased movie on YouTube which didn’t work, but I don’t think I’m surprised. I’m guessing that LeiaTube will be restricted to non-copy-protected streaming content. Is that right?

Can one use LeiaTube to stream from Plex? Pretty please? :smiley:

unfortunately I can’t download anything from Leia appstore. I can’t wait to use LeiaTube, hoping Leia will solve soon my problem.