LeiaTube not working....sometimes

I’ve run into situations, like today, I’m on a friend’s wifi and can’t get LeiaTube to work on any of my YouTube channels…for 3D. I ran into this in a court house months ago, and suspected wifi security. Oh, LeiaTube works on Facebook and some other sites, but not YouTube today. I’ll appreciate any comments. Greg Taylor. Hoping it’s a temporary problem. I’m on travel for several days.

3 Likes

Hey @Gtaylor441 the team is going to look into this first thing this week.

3 Likes

Thanks Nima, and team, I love doing show and tell with LeiaPlayer conversions and LeiaTube…am on vacation in FL.

I tried using LeiaTube on a number of YouTube videos today. All I get is the message “:wink: Oops! We can’t play the content.”
This even happened when I tried to play videos that used to play successfully.

3 Likes

Same with me …!!! Not a single YouTube video has been running in 3D and 2D top 3D for several days…!!!

What’s going on…???..Why isn’t it being repaired…???

2 Likes

I’m trying to use #LeiaTube for more than a week, without success

1 Like

YouTube has updated their software which broke compatibility. All other web services still work.

Are there any plans to make LeiaTube compatible with the updated YouTube software?

2 Likes

Ouch! I understand, and hope for a speedy recovery.

1 Like

I have the same problem youtube videos cannot be played. Please fixed the problem.
I am looking at the Lumepad 2 in the future

1 Like

Me To!!! I appreciate someone(s) may be sweating bullets to resolve the issue for both versions of Lume Pad. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and a big Thank You to the team(s) involved…in advance!

2 Likes

Same here ! :australia:

2 Likes

Same problem. Can this be fixed soon?
@Nima

4 Likes

I have been also using the apk that was experimentally developed, before the release of LeiaTube for Lumepad, here some years ago Please somebody use this code to make 3D YouTube by @saravana.gunaseelan on my Hydrogen one, and apparently even that one no longer works, I guess for the same motivation.

Nima, can you please check with your support team and reply back to everyone here as to when they think they will have a new version of the LeiaTube app which will work with the new YouTube changes (that you stated broke the compatibility)? I have many other Android based apps which revolve around YouTube, and the better apps / app developers always release a new version to match up with YouTube’s latest changes. I think we all could agree it would not be fair to force every Lume Pad 1 owner to have to upgrade to the new Lume Pad 2 in order to get LeiaTube to work again. Honestly, LeiaTube was probably the #1 feature I bought the device for. Please advise…as you can see many are asking!

3 Likes

The Lume Pad is great, stunning 3D pictures sharing on LeiaPix and showing people, the WOW factor when you show 3D videos on You Tube was great selling point, with people saying I must get one. Please bring back the WOW factor

4 Likes

Same here

2 Likes

Same. When will this be fixed?
Also does anyone know if LeiaTube ever processed the 3D content from YouTube? The one time I remember trying to view 3D content from YouTube, the LeiaTube app just took the 2D stream from YouTube, and processed it into a 3D stream using AI, which is pretty pointless.

3 Likes

I use it for music videos and it is great, see transmittion videos, they were great in 3D

1 Like

3D content displays that “AI is working hard right now” screen, but it is actually displayed the way it was originally created or meant to be viewed in 3D. Not converted. So the wording on that screen may be a bit misleading. Only the 2D content without an actual 3D version available is actually converted. So if you watch trailers from 3D movies, it will literally show you the trailer as it is in 3D. Same with VR 180. It just requires the 5-15 sec to go through that Leia Tube processing screen, which is more than worth the wait. Once its up and running again give it another look!

1 Like