Tagging on Holopix

Happy New Year, all!

Let me begin by saying that I’ve been loving every moment of my experience with Holopix and that this (along with all the other ideas that have come up) might already be in the works. That being said, if this isn’t the right place for this kind of post, do let me know and I’d be happy to take it down!

At the moment, we can’t tag other Holopixers in the photos or comments using their handles. I figure this may be because of the lack of actual handles? I don’t remember choosing a username but instead adding a First and Last name when signing up. With that in mind, I also don’t see a means for editing the information I added to my profile. Additionally, when viewing photos and their comments, the hashtags don’t currently lead to a feed of the hashtag itself with all the other photos that have been tagged under the same hashtag. These are features that could make exploring Holopix and growing the community an even more enjoyable experience.

I don’t have a proposed solution for these by way of code at the moment but would love to start/open the discussion!

Arturo

4 Likes

Scratch this!

1 Like

Hey @arturojreal Thanks for these suggestions. I think some of these features may be in the works @Nima may be able to expand on what you can expect.

3 Likes

@arturojreal thank you for the feedback! You’re right, our team is exploring solutions for the features you’ve mentioned. I can’t make any promises, but I will say that we have been discussing internally and will continue to do so. You’ll see some awesome new features rolling out to Holopix in the next few months, so keep your eyes peeled!

2 Likes

I’m excited for them!

1 Like

I do not remember if I submitted a feedback suggestion on the tagging feature but consider this my +1

4 Likes

@greg Consider your feedback heard loud and clear :sunglasses:

3 Likes

In the spirit of sharing ideas as they come: a reply system to comments would also be warmly welcomedl! I find myself checking back on posts I’ve commented on (recently Kay Burn Lim’s superhero series and @dfattal’s recent posts [potentially long exposures?!?]) to continue conversations started in the comment sections. Being notified of direct responses, be it via the tagging system mentioned earlier or an action on a comment would keep these threads flowing more naturally.

3 Likes

Make that a +1 for me. Tagging will be monumental as we move this platform forward.

2 Likes

As you all now know, we’ve released User Mentions as a feature in Holopix 1.13.7 :sunglasses:

I’ll be closing this post. Feel free to direct all other questions around the feature through support@holopix.com.

1 Like