Using Lume Pad 2 for viewing QooCam 3D EGO photo and video

hi there! Just blown away by the LeiaPlayer… big compliments to the team. Now I wanted to use pictures and movies shot with my QooCam 3D EGO and the funny things is that most are shown as SBS pictures and only a few are interpreted well by the LeiaPlayer (as a nice stereoscopic image). I do have a few questions for you all:

• anyone experiencing the same and did find a work around to have all material in 3D?
  • does the LeiaPlayer actually maintain the 3D info in the SBS (side by side) -or-
    does it simply take the left or right eye image and next the AI-thing??
  • can somebody tell of a straight forward workflow, having stereoscopic photo and video (either from the camera or other 3D camera) and then augmented with titles or logo’s/artwork?? Is there software out there that supports the right file formats (I think Leica LIF)…
    Thnx in advance and keep up the good work!
    P.
3 Likes

Images from the EGO camera are in SBS full width. Sometimes it auto-detects it (or you can manually tag it) but I found this to be a hit or miss. However, you can rename the files by adding “_2x1” to the end. Like “SummerPhoto_2x1.jpg”. This will tell the player to open it as 3D. What I do is batch rename the files on my computer with the command line. It’s easy on Linux, but you might need to download an app to do it on Windows.

Hi Andres, this helps! Thnx! Any suggestions to add titles and text with the right “depth”… Thnx again!

I would avoid putting text on the photos cause it doesn’t look good in 3D.

I have the same issues with the QooCam EGO for photos on my LumePad 2.

When you apply the 3D tag it doesn’t align properly. And when you hit the edit icon to realign the images it seems like it only takes one side and has AI create the 3D effect. Not what you want after going through the hassle of using a proper 3D camera.

The strange thing is that I have the original LumePad and the QooCam photos actually show properly there because it had a “ST” (stereo) option along with 3D and 2D. Works so well. Not sure why they removed it for the LumePad 2. I hope they can bring it back as the QooCam EGO seems like the only consumer camera as an option that shoots proper 3D.

The original Lume Pad actually had “Lightfield”, ST, and 2D. Lume Pad 2 no longer has Lightfield and doesn’t do any AI view synthesis on 3D images anymore. The new “3D” icon on Lume Pad 2 is the same as “ST” on the original Lume Pad.

Issues with SBS and MPO files are due to bugs which we are fixing over the next few releases of our apps. Please be patient while we work on these, and ensure you keep your apps updated.

1 Like

Same here. bummer

The first time you try to view a Qoocam 180 video in Leiaplayer, it displays as a stretched, bowed image. when you hit play, it asks how you want to view it. select the google 3D icon. the video should now display in it’s real proportions. select the 3D option in the player. move the tablet around to see the rest of the image.

Have this been adressed in latest release? I want to get back into 3D souvenir and while I still have a Fuji W3 I don’t use much lately, I just bought a QooCam that’s on the way.

I bought the LP2 mostly to serve as a frame to display tons of MPO from 2009 up to just afew years ago, and soon full size QooCam pictures.

Yes this was fixed in the last LeiaPlayer release.

1 Like