Camera features request?

A couple additional features that I’d like to see in the camera.

A black full frame flash when you take a picture. Just gives a better indication that the picture was taken.

Right now there’s on!y a small dot in the lower right that my hand covers when taking a picture.

Also, is it possible to get a digital zoom feature? Not sure how that works with twin lenses.

1 Like

Thanks for the good ideas - sharing with our team!

Hey @petert,

Again, thanks for the feedback.

We’re already on this, we realized it was an issue and are looking for solutions. In the short term, you will just hear a more audible “shutter flash” when taking pictures, in the long-term we will have multiple visual cues similar to what you mention that will make it very apparent that a picture was taken.

It is possible, but it would lead to simply cropping the photo and reducing the overall resolution. As we want to retain as much resolution as possible, we just allow users to easily crop after the fact in LeiaPlayer’s Edit Mode, rather than have them permanently crop it at time of shooting.

5 Likes

That’s great. Thanks for the info Nima.

1 Like

Hello, The LeiaCam allows Geotagging. However, I cannot find how to use the information – i. e. place on a map? I have a geotagging camera for my car and can play the video + map of location using apps like Dashcam, GPS, etc.

How can I use the geotag information and plot the position – and/or is there an app that can be used?

This is more of a question related to the camera.

1. Can the camera on the Lume Pad 2 capture another 3D screen including the 3D effect? I have tried with several devices and sometimes it comes about half way, which makes me think it may be possible at the perfect angle/distance. Is it possible for the camera to capture close to the full effect? Or would I be wasting my time trying to figure out a technique, angle by taking a bunch of pictures to get closer to capturing the full 3D effect?

2. If a 3rd party developer made their own camera app for the Lume Pad 2, could they optimize it to take 60 fps 3d video at an increased resolution (at the expense of power consumption, file size etc.). I think the videos are nice, but it would be even better if they were closer in quality to the photos taken by the rear stereo camera.

In theory, yes.

Maybe. If a team of fifteen or twenty people optimized every single part of the pipeline for 6 months or more including firmware and the app, and didn’t worry about a lot of things like 3D focus or auto-brightness, maybe. Especially if they’re willing to attach a heat sync to the camera and record with the screen displaying black.

It would probably take them about three months to get to the quality we’ve achieved. But ultimately, we’re a small company, and there are only 3 people who work on LeiaCam. And we don’t work on the camera firmware, we take whatever is given to us and build from there.

So yes, if someone is willing to spend millions on labor costs to build a better 3D video camera it would probably be possible to do a little bit better resolution at 60fps. If there’s a company that wants to do so I would support them in building it.