Citra 3DS for Lume Pad 2

Ok.I will send you an email

1 Like

Hi Jake, the new APK doesn’t work for me either. I took the liberty of e-mailing you my logs. I’ve reverted back to the V1 APK which still functions normally. I hope our files allow you to pinpoint any issues. Thanks!

1 Like

@marimori79 @RetroFuture – got the logs

will look into this today

in the meantime, @RetroFuture did you try Nima’s tip about changing the stereoscopic mode? i accidentally published with bad default values and it’s required to change the setting to jog it

@marimori79 @RetroFuture a new build has been released
you may need to fully uninstall the previous version first
(be sure to back up any saves you want to keep!)

please lmk what you come up with! Release v2024_01_25 · jakedowns/citra · GitHub

1 Like

Superb work Jake, the new version functions perfectly and is a major improvement over V1. Thank you for your hard work.

2 Likes

awesome! glad to hear it! stay tuned, hopefully more enhancements coming soon! i’ve been talking to the CitraVR and mainline Citra devs about ways to improve shader compilation performance / caching to reduce stuttering with the emulator, specifically with Vulkan renderer

as well as ways to use LP2’s unique head-tracking to potentially add more of a “magic window” effect

and yeah, super glad to see how much citra has evolved just in the few months since i published v1, they’re doin the real hard work! i’m just gluing some APIs together :smiley: :joy: (and bugging the right people when it doesn’t work how i expect lol)

hopefully i, or someone, can finally get around to doing dolphin and ppsspp :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes.New version is much,much better.Even the touch on second screen is better.Thanks a lot​:smiley::+1:

1 Like

I created an account just to say thank you!!! the new version works way better than v1, i can play most games at 2x with pretty smooth frame rates ( minor shader compilation freezes i think )
Thank You again!

1 Like

HI Jake, first time trying the Citra app on Lume Pad 2 and I am loving it. Thanks for all your work. I play using one screen but when I go swap to the second screen, it shows a double screen. I have to go back to the graphic settings under stereoscoptic mode and change side-by-side to off and then back to side-by-side again to restore it back to a normal.

For some reason the second screen doesn’t function correctly when trying to tap on it for me. It still registers that the screens are still side by side. Is there a way to fix that?

Hello! Would it be possible to have a link to download citra 3ds emulator that would be compatible for Red hydrogen one ?
I just bought it but there is no more leia store.
It would be nice if someone could help me!
Thank you so much!

GAME OVER : https://yuzu-emu.org/

1 Like

not game over. they will never learn

What makes me more angry than Nintendo being evil is fans saying this is wrong but also saying they are planning to buy the Switch 2. The thought of maybe not buying stuff from Nintendo doesn’t even enter their stupid heads. Those are the people really at fault here because they’re enabling Nintendo’s evil behavior.

I just discovered this device and I was wondering if there may be a way to use this tablet as a secondary extended screen for a Steam Deck (particularly the OLED one :crossed_fingers:) for proper 3D 3DS emulation? Considering the touchscreen, built in controls/gyroscope , and its ability to run the emulator, I feel like it would be a match made in heaven.

If anyone would be kind enough to test it I’d love to hear all about it. I’d suggest maybe starting with a dummy HDMI plug in the Steam Deck + Steam Link on the Lume Pad. There’s also Deskreen or Moonlight 3D? I don’t have a Lume Pad but if anyone wants to brainstorm ideas I’d be happy to try to help the best I can :slight_smile:

I was told the chipset that the Steam Deck uses lacks the hardware or drivers for encoding for Moonlight, so unfortunately Moonlight3D is off the table, even if you install Windows on it.

Some users were having this conversation on Reddit.