Display everything in 3D

Wouldn’t be better if the tablet presented everything on the screen in 3D?

If you want a battery autonomy about 1 or 2 hours…

1 Like

Or just the same option to switch the screen to 3D without the special apps.

This isn’t possible due to various reasons. Firstly, the Lume Pad 2’s display is very complicated, unlike existing 3D devices that could simply move pixel columns around. Second, Leia’s services would need to be able to capture the screen of your applications, which is bad for security if you’re using your device for sensitive info like banking for example.

1 Like

Uhhgh I hate how security/privacy blocks many steps to advance technology… It does make complete sense tho. Obs: None of these questions affects how amazing and valuable this device is. I will definitely be interested in all your future progress. Thank You

1 Like

@mawtep, how would this even work? At what depth woul you want different elements of this website?

Ex: Im trying to watch a 3D movie directly from a SDcard (I cant)… I have to copy the movie/photo to internal drive so that Leia player can recognize it. If I had the option to just open the movie/image and the screen convert it to 3D, that would solve that issue.

1 Like

Yeah SD Card support for media would be great. I can understand some cheaper cards don’t have the speed, but the one I have is 200MB/s read, so should be good enough. Also, maybe if Leia made a web browser (just fork Firefox or whatever) that way you could browse the web in 2D-to-3D.

All that could have been solved if the display itself could which from 2D-3D with a touch of a button at any given time. But unfortunately the Ai has to go through a specific app to be able to convert to 3D.

1 Like

You would want Ai randomly setting text and UI elements at depths? Sounds like a mess.

Maybe at first, but like anything it would get better and better over time, to the point where eventually it knows what to do with each element of the UI to make it look like it was created manually for 3D. Might take a while to get to that point, but I think it would be worth it. You are right though, to start the results would probably be very hit and miss

You do know that there are laptops from Asus, Levono and other companies coming with a 3D display right!!?? Everything on the screen in 3D.

I’ve tried them, and this doesn’t seem to be true. Nothing is 3D except content in their apps that use their SDK. The Home Screen and other software and games play back in 2D.

:scream: Sooooooo its basically like a laptop version of this tablet!?

You should try them yourself and come to your own conclusion. But from what I’ve seen we have WAY more apps and content, and things like a 3D camera.

Its a shame… I was really hoping to get everything 3D at this point.:pensive:

I have the Acer laptop, it’s nice but kind of expensive considering the specs. The 3D is amazing though, since it’s a 4K screen, and has pretty low ghosting. That said, the app support is fairly poor. You can play Windows games in 3D, so that’s the selling point, about 100 games work. It doesn’t just make everything into 3D. They have conversion software, but it barely works. You press the button, sometimes nothing happens, sometimes it takes 10 - 15 seconds to enable, and then might disable if you click something (for example scrubbing through a YouTube video). Overall it’s not a great experience compared to the Leia tablet.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I was hoping to get one of those Asus OLED 3D laptop precisely for that experience. Im not a PC gamer, and if thats their selling point… Its definitely a hardpass for me.

I was considering getting one too, but then they announced the Helios 15 3D a few months ago and I am waiting for more release info on that. I will probably end up choosing between that or the ASUS ProArt 3D OLED. I had the chance to try out the ACER ConceptD 7 the other day actually, which I think is the oldest of all these 3D laptop models, but I was still highly impressed.

How is the ghosting compared to the Acer laptop