GIF export in LeiaPlayer

In the old version of red player was an option to save a h4v picture to gif type picture that was moving.
Lately it is gone that option

Is it possible to reintroduce it back?

2 Likes

Never saw that

It was in the older Leia Player (not RED Player). This:

made it this:
IMG_20191128_10072735.1

7 Likes

yes, that’s it.

i don’t get it why we can’t save a picture to choice of format?

h4v
h4v pro
H4v quad
gif

if you take a picture in pro (sbs) you edit it, and then you can only save it as h4v or Quad

3 Likes

Tagging @john.friday to jump in here and hoping a wild John Friday approaches…

This feature will be coming back as a standard feature in our apps soon.

6 Likes

And the h4v, pro and quad difference icons in thumbnail view what the Red Player used to have?

So we see the difference between different picture formats i stead of all 3 have the same icon ?

Great, I will use your gif for a review on my website, if you don’t mind

2 Likes

@Chillerfpv That’s a @john.friday question, but I do know there are some changes to how image icons are displayed coming up.

5 Likes

The share feature is now available in LeiaPlayer 2.11 beta! Join the discussion here: LeiaPlayer 2.11 released to beta (new share feature!)

6 Likes

The Video Animation export works great, so smooth, Telegram shows directly with loop as a GIF. Congratulations for this feature.

6 Likes

Can you add this export feature to the Leia Player app for the Lume Pad 2 as well?

1 Like

Your feedback has been heard. For now, just use convert.leiapix.com from your Lume Pad 2’s Chrome app.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and the suggestion. It makes me glad I asked otherwise I would not have know that online option even existed. That will be nice to use until hopefully it can be done directly in the LeiaPlayer app on the Lume Pad 2.

FYI, LeiaPix Converter has WAY more options than we ever had in LeiaPlayer. Even if we add it back to LeiaPlayer, it won’t ever do what LeiaPix Converter is capable of.

Plus, LeiaPix Converter uses Nvidia GPUs in the cloud, instead of the mobile chip on your Lume Pad 2. While the Snapdragon 888 is a very powerful mobile chip, it can’t compete with full-size desktop Nvidia GPUs. If you’re looking for the highest quality, definitely use LeiaPix Converter.

2 Likes

Yes, so I’ve seen and imagined would be the case. It’s a very nice product. However, using the cloud requires decent network access and I have lousy access much of the time where I live. Working offline would also help me stay below the highspeed data limit on my internet plan. But I’m very happy and excited that this online option is available and look forward to using it as much as I can. Thanks again.

When I try this on my new Lume Pad 2, the site notifies me that it failed to parse the depth map and will use estimation instead. This happens when uploading an image I took with Leia Cam. Same in Firefox and Chrome. Tried to upload one of the sample images (seagull) that came with the device and it says “No Image - please upload a PNG or JPEG”. Am I doing something wrong?

LeiaCam images are true stereo images, without an embedded depth map. We haven’t currently released the updated novel view synthesis software that can support high-quality disparity estimation from stereo images and generate animations using novel view synthesis. This may be added to LeiaPix Converter in the future, but for now I don’t have an ETA on the release.

Currently we only support generating animations from 2D converted images, including Apple Portrait Depth images.

1 Like