LeiaPix 2.2 now available! Presenting: LeiaPix Prints

Thanks!

1 Like

There is a new hot fix of LeiaPix 2.2 out now. For anyone with a Zip Code that starts with a 0, this will allow you to order LeiaPix Prints!

3 Likes

It would be great if you can share a 4V/3D video

1 Like

2d video? You’re already above that limitations of the past… Use your Hydrogen or Lume to record in 3D!!!

1 Like

Here’s my test print… A bamboo forest. I chose this as a test print because of the complexity posed by the bamboo leaves and stalks.

As you can see, the printing process had some difficulty on the edge leaves and the stalk in the center. But all in all quite impressive. You can really see the 3D effect. Keep in mind this is a very complex photo.

I think with the right photo, it has the ability to achieve outstanding results. The trick is figuring out what works best.

The below photo was shot in 4V with my H1. No editing done except rotation.

Edit: the actual printed photo looks better in person than the H1 can capture. My wife was impressed by the 3D effect.

Edit: Sorry. I removed the photo due to location info in the metadata.

3 Likes

At least you could do a GIF while moving the print to see all the angles

1 Like

Do you give me consent to publish your image on my website? I’m finishing an article about Leia Prints

1 Like

Sorry David. I posted the image to satisfy the curiosity of the members here and did not intend it to be used in reviews.

no problem, thanks for showing the effect

2 Likes

Thank you Stuart. That is what I needed to learn it’s not like the old pictures but something I haven’t seen before. Enough for me to make a decision to purchase when available.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Now we have to wait until we can use the service on other countries of the world

2 Likes

I agree with this comment. A lot of LeiaPix users don’t post pics of themselves or family and many people who only take pictures and are not interested in sharing them will not even notice the new print feature.

This should be added to LeiaPlayer and have a notification box pop up announcing the new feature to make more users aware and sell more prints.

Would it be possible to also add bulk discounts and the option of ordering prints already framed at additional cost? There is potential to sell these as art, posters, etc. and discounts and frames would make this easier.

1 Like

Adding to previous idea of bulk discounts, it would be nice to have bulk pricing for people who order several different prints in the same order but when someone orders several of the same print give the option to receive a test print before the rest of the order with additional shipping cost. If the customer cancels the additional prints they will be charged full price. This could be done through an automated email so it doesn’t require extra resources.

This might be another advantage to adding the print feature to LeiaPlayer. It would allow people to order prints that might not be appropriate to share publicly. I’m sure their is a demand for this and it would free you from the extra trouble of having to deal with it everytime somebody prints their dirty pics :laughing:

1 Like

I created a poll for this idea.

@spencereric
@Kano3D
If you don’t want to wait for the print feature to release in your country it might be possible to use a VPN to access the US version of the LeiaPix app and order your prints to a US FedEx/UPS store then forward it to your country.

Useful little trick I have used to access region locked online markets and play region locked games/movies.

1 Like

If I don’t have physical address at US how can I make an order? Fedex/UPS stores should be warned that will receive an order?

2 Likes

I have version 2.2.15638
Is this the latest version? Because my zip code of 03042 is getting the same error.

Any estimated time to the service be available in other regions?

4 Likes

@Kano3D Because we’re focusing on the Lume Pad updates you asked about in the other thread, rolling out LeiaPix Prints internationally is going to take a bit longer. But the good news is the Leia team is growing! Hopefully within 2021 development and releases will accelerate in a big way.

3 Likes

Waiting also for international shipping

Would be pretty cool to have that Service available in Europe, Having a great time with my Lume Pad, so I’ll be busy looking all the great Content on LeiaPix until then, even though it would be great to send some Prints out to Family and Friends.
Keep up the Great work! :+1: