LIF Decoder

Hello,

I discovered the Lume Pad 2 a few weeks ago and I am absolutely thrilled.

Since I’m a web developer and wanted to play around with the LIF format, I developed a LIF decoder that runs entirely in the web browser (even on the Leia Lume Pad 2) - it doesn’t send images to any server, so it can be used offline once it’s loaded.

It can currently display the binary metadata and extract and replace the additional images.

It’s available here:

I have a couple of improvement ideas, which I want to implement in the next weeks, like editing of the JSON data, overlaying of SBS images in order to be able to align them, converting LIF stereo images to SBS and vice versa …

Maybe this web application is useful for someone. Ideas for improvements and new features are always welcome. :slight_smile:

Many regards,
Jens Duttke

9 Likes

This is incredible! Sounds like its gonna get even better with the updates. I tried it and it worked as promised just using the browser on the Lume Pad 2, outputting a 2D image and a depth map to go with it. Thank you so much for building this and definitely keep going. It will be especially useful for sharing SBS versions of images converted to 3D locally to other people and other 3D capable devices. Right now there isn’t any way to get those from LIF to SBS as far as I know of.

I agree the tablet is amazing and deserves more support like this from people like you. Keep it up!

Jens-Duttke,

Thank you for posting this and I look forward to your future improvements (especially conversion of LIF to SBS). Your decoder is very easy to use with the Chrome browser on my Lume Pad 1.

In regard to using the decoder offline on the tablet, I find that I have to be online to use it with the Chrome browser. I did select download to get an offline version but it still required wifi to open my files on the tablet. Additionally, if I select the option to “Export all images”, I need to allow “Automatic downloads” on “www.duttke.de” . Is there something I am missing to be able use it offline?

KenK

1 Like

Hello,

as soon as the page is loaded you can disable your WLAN and the whole functionallity should still work (at least thats how it works on my Lume Pad 2).
The name of the browser feature “Automatic Downloads” is misleading, as it does not download anything, but it is required to save multiple files at once, no matter If they are sent from the server or generated locally in the browser.

Many regards,
Jens Duttke

1 Like

Thanks for the tool