Make Lume Pad 2 and Nubia Pad 3D Feature Requests Here

Looking at the notes in the latest LeiaPlayer update, it states that there are new 180 VR formats supported. Does this include 180 VR photos? If not, is this something that is under consideration for a future update?

Yes, the next major update.

1 Like

1: Do you know when the Leiaflix app will be available in the UK?
2: Stream Netflix movies in 3D?
3: Stream Playstation/ Microsoft xCloud games in 3D?

2 Likes

There are no current plans for international support for LeiaFlix due to high movie licensing costs.

Please reach out to Netflix and request this.

Please reach out to Sony and/or Microsoft and request this.

2 Likes

I heared, some developpers are working on things, but here are some wishes.

-As a 360 photographer, I would love to be able to use 3d stereo 360 imagery onto the tab, especially virtual tours. Maybe a way to display stereo VR content onto the tablet?
Maybe a Leia internet browser/player could allow that? Maybe coworking with companies like 3dvista and Matterport could be a possibility?

-A way to manage libraries and files in a Lightroom / 3dstereomaker / Leiaplayer merge manner?
To be able to adjust, edit, crop, zoom in and out view, make 3d out of 2 seperate pictures, without destructing the root file…

-As requested before, to be able to use it as a second screen on a computer would be amazing.

-a sim card slot

There are many things i could think of, but I understand, it is a developing project. And so far Ilike the direction it’s going :wink:

VR180/360 video is already support in LeiaTube and LeiaPlayer. VR180/360 photos are coming to LeiaPlayer in the next update.

You need to talk to the other apps to add support for Leia Image Format. We’re happy to work with them. Until then, you can export as SBS in LeiaPlayer, and then edit the SBS in other apps.

The ability to mirror a PC monitor is coming out in the next few days with the app Moonlight 3D. Any Half-Width SBS content on PC will work with the app, including games, photos, software, and movies.

There’s no way for us to add hardware to the existing device, but we had a previous device with cellular connectivity and we may do another in the future.

2 Likes

First of all, thanks for you responses.

Sounds good, is it out yet? :smiley:

I will try and reach out to them :smiley: but I’m sure some easy functions like, rating with stars, basic adjustments, like curves or saturation, could easily be added to the leia player itself. And ideally remembers the settings for that specific file without having to export it or save ut under another name.

We’ve had some issues with release, but the plan is to release it early this coming week.

1 Like

Moonlight3D is available now: Moonlight3D for Lume Pad 2 and Nubia Pad 3D

3 Likes

I use a realtime 3D Browser in my Quest 2 VR headset that I believe would also be a very useful feature for you to implement on the tablet. If you type the app name “Owl3D” into the Quest Store search bar, this free app will show up from the App Lab section of the store. You click on “3D Browser” within the app and then when you visit any website, a “3D Preview” button appears at the top of every image on the site. When you click the preview button it immediately gives you a 3D conversion, and if you like the conversion, you press another button under the conversion to save it to your library. This allows you realtime on-the-fly decisions on what looks good enough to save.

2 Likes

I have Blizzard’s Hearthstone on my LUME PAD 2 I would love to be able to play the game in 3D? Any app to do this would be great.

@Nima

Is there any chance/hope for versions of LeiaPlayer and LeiaPix to be implemented as apps on desktop PCs (using the SBS capabilities) and work together with the tablet versions?

There are people still using 3D TVs/Monitors/Projectors and it would be great to be able to enjoy these fantastic apps directly on big screens.

There would be also a huge benefit to the users by being able to make use of the superior power of the desktop computers.

As great as these apps are on the tablet, right now it’s a litle cumbersome and time consuming to navigate to specific images.

For example, if you have hundreds of images in LeiaPix, there’s no easy way to navigate to the first images posted. The only way seems to be scrolling down. Unfortunately, since the app loads 3D previews of each image, getting to the oldest images takes an eternity. (I have more then a thousand images posted, and had to renounce to try and edit the first ones. Maybe a “go to first image” or “arrange by date” buttons, or a scroll bar would address this issue?)

…or maybe something like this:

The tablet has plenty of power for these sorts of apps without having to resort to a PC. Several of the apps have shortcomings when it comes to file management and navigation, but Leia just needs to improve the functionality of the apps. I have submitted customer service requests regarding many of the issues, but
receive no response. As much as I love the device, currently you can not even access files in your micro-sd storage using LeiaPlayer!

We’re working on this in the next LeiaPlayer update, but we actually released an OS update that makes this possible. Simply open the “File Manager” app, tap the 3D photo or 3D video you want to view on your MicroSD card, and then choose “LeiaPlayer” when it asks you where to open it. Voila, you can access 3D files from your MicroSD card in LeiaPlayer.

We’re focused on delivery the best portable 3D products. Unfortunately, we don’t currently see the market for 3D devices on TVs and PCs being very large, as the vast majority of 3D displays for those markets were discontinued years ago, and the newer competing ones available now both have very low adoption rates and proprietary SDKs.

I think using apps like StereoPhoto Maker which are made for PC and focused on older displays is probably a great move instead of us trying to compete in that space.

Performance will be significantly increased in the next LeiaPix update. I pushed the team hard to ensure we could get the speed back to where it was with previous devices, despite the new device (with much higher resolutions, head-tracking, and significantly more complex rendering system) requiring much more resources to do so.

1 Like

Nobody has responded to the problem I posted in the actual LeiaViewer category, so I will mention it again here. Once I had about 150 models loaded in my LeiaViewer Library the app started crashing when I tried to load more models from Sketchfab Explorer. Sometimes it won’t even open the search keyboard and then it repeatedly randomly crashes back to the desktop, and even weirder, frequently even crashes into “opening” another Leia app that you have used recently. I need to be able to have several thousand models in my library and this device should be able to accomplish that since only one is open at a time. It seems like it is the increasing quantity of just the thumbnail images that is causing the crashing.

To be actually “useful”, the LeiaFrame app needs to allow you to create many separate slideshows of different content, each with many thousands of stills or videos. To facilitate this, the LeiaPlayer app needs to have the ability for you to designate a file folder consisting of thousands of images or videos, allow you to select a depth setting for the entire file and then batch-process-convert the folder.

Has SD support be added to the Leia player? I have a bunch of VR180 videos/pics and SBS videos/pics that I take with my Insta360 EVO and qoocam ego and I’m looking to buy the Luna 2 to be able to show them to family/friends. Having playing from SD card will be critical

Partial, you can load 3D photos and videos from a MicroSD card, but it doesn’t support VR180/360 yet.

The next version of LeiaPlayer will support this with VR180/360 photos and videos.