LeiaPlayer 4.3 is now available

The only fully supported format is FAT32, but that has the limitation of having a maximum of 4GB file size limit.

If you’re okay with that limitation, use FAT32. If not, use ExFAT and be aware that you’ll have to use another app to write files to the MicroSD card as you won’t be able to write files in LeiaPlayer when using ExFAT.

I formatted it with a 3rd party software so I’m good to go. Thanks

How do I start another thread?

I have been using a Kandao Qoocam 360/180 vr camera to shoot 180 vr video for my Quest 2 headset for quite a while now.

I’ve found that if I open those files in LeiaPlayer, they play as a squashed 3D version of the 180 vr, which is pretty cool.

If you apply the google vr 180 tag to them, however, they play as normal 3D, while moving the pad around lets you see the rest of the 180 view.

Way cool.

You go to the category you want to talk about (in this case the LeiaPlayer Category) and tap the “+ New Topic” button.

Yeah, adding full VR180/360 support to LeiaPlayer has been a pet project I’ve been pushing for years now. I’m overjoyed to see it finally release in the real world!

SBS has auto-reconvergence off by default. You can force auto-reconvergence on by adding “_reconv” to the filename of your media

none of this works in the leiaplayer on anything sbs. been testing for days and nothing is changing in the video.

tested on 2d to 3D and real 3D

Hey @clamo,

To be clear:

1. Are you using LeiaPlayer 4.3?
  2. Is _reconv not working for you on SBS media?
  3. Is _noreconv not working for you on LIF and other media?
  4. Are you adding the tags to the end of the filenames?
  5. Are you trying multiple kinds of content (In some content there may happen to be no change or a hard to notice change)?

Can you share some of the content you tried that isn’t working here?

TO BE CLEAR you stated under V 4.3

SBS has auto-reconvergence off by default. You can force auto-reconvergence on by adding “_reconv” to the filename of your media.

shouldn’t matter what video content I am using.

ALL THIS STUFF SHOULD BE FULLY WORKING. none of this is testing software and SHOULD be FULLY functional.

yes it is. exfat been supported since 8 and now ntfs from 14

It is working and is fully functional. We have a phenomenal QA Team who tested this for months, which is why it took so long for this version to release.

The reason I’m asking these questions and requesting files from your side is because it seems like there’s user error on your end.

Can you share with me which library in the Android SDK and which APIs give apps the ability to write to ExFAT drives? It seems like you might know more about this than we do.

i guess you are blind as there are loads of complaints on this.

oops I was wrong ExFat been supported since 4

You’re the only one who’s complained about this so far.

I dont have any issues with any other stereo 3D software on the market I use but this one.

its always had ghosting problems. even after a reset the old stuff ghosts to just not as bad.

each update it seams to be worse so its not me. ive used loads of programs for 3D viewing in the past and none of them had problems. but now most of them are gone cause 3D isn’t a big deal to people now.

if it was fully functional then were are ALL the controls for the 3D effect adjustments.

hell I even tested a game and it ghosted so bad I had to set it all the way down to the lowest setting.

could my hardware be the issue? maybe my pad is defective?

ok try reading amazons comments. loads of complaints

Maybe. Or maybe the content you want to view is too high disparity and too high contrast for the optical properties of this device.

We’ve offered you a refund, if you’re not happy feel free to take that offer.

O and you might look in the forum a bit better as I seen at least 50 others with complaints on ghosting and no adjustments

There is not a single complaint in the last 17 days since this version came out about our reconvergence tags not working. 95%+ of our customers will never use this feature, it’s exclusively for stereo 3D enthusiasts who want convergence control of their content.

This is why we created and released the reconvergence tags feature. We listen to our customers.

You’re wildly exaggerating by a full factor on how many users asked for it.