Holopix 2.0 Beta

I took it from the fact that some globally used word processor doesn’t place picture captions anywhere but below the picture (with right-aligned RTL text eventually but still below).

2 Likes

To much fuzz, like the others here also say, able to see ALL the newly uploaded pics no matter what hashtag, user you following no discrimination, geofix,

Just all the new posts, even if they are bad, no interesting, user will deside that.

1 Like

49946766623_3a1b4ac7a1_w

So I am trying to make use of my hydrogen now that the phone aspect of it is largely dead and gone. I can see it making a fine picture frame with the leia display being as pretty as it is. However, on the software side I need a way to keep the display active and cycling through 3d pictures.

Is this a feature one could easily introduce in holopix ? Seems like the right place for it since that would have a curated set of images you might want to cycle through.

It could also be nice to activate the display ( in a display saver mode ) using the light sensor… but that’s probably just bonus points.

I’d be happy with an always on continous slow cycle by holopix stream.

If anyone has any ideas for a way to do this outside of holopix… say with the player… open to advice as well. Still working on my frame design… and how to mount / power it. But the software would be nice to have I think.

Would certainly make second hand hydrogens a lot more desirable…

6 Likes

Hmm. Maybe try an Auto-clicker with a transparency setting on google play. There are a lot and can be set to loop.

1 Like

Hey @matt,

A “Slideshow Mode” has actually been a feature that’s been requested before, and something I’ve always been interested in us doing. I have nothing to announce right now, and we have many other important things we’re working on, but just know your voice has been heard.

I’ve never even thought of this, that’s a great idea for a stop-gap solution.

6 Likes

Hey everyone, we’re rolling out Holopix 2.0 Beta 2 with some bug fixes right now. Let us know if you find anything new! Otherwise, we should be getting y’all a full release soon.

5 Likes

Cool, very curious. Checking holopix every 5min hhahahah

Thanks Nima!

1 Like

So I discovered that the new beta still has the horizontal scrolling issue but only when you’re at the very top of the Discover screen. If you move down just slightly then the horizontal scrolling works as expected.

Edit: I like what I see so far!

1 Like

Hey @Stuart_Fujitani,

Like I mentioned above, we won’t spend any more time working on a solution to that issue because it’s a flaw of how Android deals with touch and would take significant effort to fix.

Instead, we will be redesigning all of the Discover page in the near future so horizontal scrolling will not be necessary.

3 Likes

Great and wonderful idea!

Hey everyone, there’s one more minor bug that we’re trying to fix, and we won’t know if it’s fixed until you all start using the app with it. So we’ll now be pushing Holopix 2.0 Beta 3. Holopix 2.0 should be released on LeiaLoft as soon as we confirm the issue is fixed. Thanks for the help!

5 Likes

This morning a “Holopix Stopped” message box popped up three or four times even though I had not launched the app. This is on my unlocked Ti. I’ve since rebooted my phone and will keep you posted if it occurs again.

Edit: Reboot seemed to clear the problem.

2 Likes

Okay everyone, we’ve fixed some additional issues we’ve had so now we’re pushing Holopix 2.0 Beta 4.

Please bear with us, this version has been a big one and we’re continually finding ways we can improve it before releasing it to everyone.

2 Likes

Hi Nima,

I encountered the “Holopix Stopped” error again while using the Leia Player. Looks like a background process running into some error. Is there any way to get log information? BTW, I’m on 2.0 beta 4 but was not running Holopix at the time of the error.

1 Like

I got that to, holopix stopped.
Restarted phone and didn’t had it anymore

We’re now rolling out Holopix 2.0 Beta 5. It should have the fix for your issues @Stuart_Fujitani and @Chillerfpv.

Let me know if you find anything else. The team is really hoping to get 2.0 out soon, it’s been a long time coming. In fact, 2.1 is now coming hot on it’s heels…

3 Likes

Just installed

We’ve now rolled out Holopix 2.0 Beta 6. We’re pretty confident we’ve finally tracked down those crashes some of you are experiencing, but as usual please let us know if you see anything out of the ordinary.

If all goes well, it’ll finally go live on LeiaLoft next week.

3 Likes

Did you guys tweak the algorithm? Maybe it’s just me but the images with beta 6 appear to pop more with better clarity.

2 Likes